1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks for Educating Me

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchingdetails2002, Apr 19, 2006.

1. watchingdetails2002

watchingdetails2002 Senior member

Well after watching this site for about a year, even contributing once and a while. I have discovered I have learned way more than giving out. But being a poor librarian on this rock in the pacific. I just don't and can't afford to dress as many of you do. Never-The-Less I appreciate you educating the librarian in Guam. Robert

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well after watching this site for about a year, even contributing once and a while. I have discovered I have learned way more than giving out. But being a poor librarian on this rock in the pacific. I just don't and can't afford to dress as many of you do. Never-The-Less I appreciate you educating the librarian in Guam. Robert

I think there are quite a few of us who can't afford to dress the way we do. [​IMG]

Do you go in for bargain hunting?

3. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

i think most of the folks on this board have found a way to dress very well at substantially less than retail. i know that i have accomplished by:

1. Understanding that classically cut clothes made of good materials will last for a very long time and remain wearable. This removes some of the purchase "sting".
    2. Making a plan about what I need and then buying on sale, off season, off eBay or using overseas makers to custom make clothes.

i would suggest that your proximity to hong kong puts you near an excellent resource.

4. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Second that. I've got a house to pay for. This stuff is on another level and the prices have to be adjusted by a digit as well.

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think there are quite a few of us who can't afford to dress the way we do. [​IMG]

That would include me. Today I'm wearing (among other things), a $65 Brooks Brothers pima cotton polo shirt, bought new with tags on eBay for $12, and a $100+ pair of stone/white, Italian made chinos bought at Daffy's for $6. May not be so easy from Guam, but you can still do eBay. Oh, also a $25 pair of cotton socks bought for $2. It just takes diligence and knowledge.

6. watchingdetails2002

watchingdetails2002 Senior member

Would love to bargain hunt but that does not happen out here. I swear that even though I am living in a territory of the US. Guam is a 3d world country. I used to do the bargain shoppind when I lived in Colorado.

7. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

There's so much I want that I can't afford until I start working a better job... namely NOT at Hungry Howie's Pizza and Subs. If any of you laugh, you get beaten.