• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanking other SFers

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Well, I did post this a week or so ago in Men's Clothing in response to a comment about the lady friend not having any button fly jeans which can be ripped off:

on saturday at 7 we're having a little get together, you should both stop by. drinks and then probably dinner afterwards!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I ask for advice or information via PM more often than I get it from reading the site. Usually it's a specific question that I know a certain member will have a better answer for, and it's not worth starting a thread or I don't want to deal w/ a bunch of people being smartasses in their replies. I believe I've said thank you every time, even if the person gave wasn't able to help me. I just thought it was common courtesy.
eh.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I ask for advice or information via PM more often than I get it from reading the site. Usually it's a specific question that I know a certain member will have a better answer for, and it's not worth starting a thread or I don't want to deal w/ a bunch of people being smartasses in their replies. I believe I've said thank you every time, even if the person gave wasn't able to help me. I just thought it was common courtesy.
eh.gif

fyck u bitc

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've gotten some good advice from other SFers in PM at times. I'm pretty sure i've always thanked them. If I ever forgot to thank anyone, then I thank them now.
bigstar[1].gif
As for myself, I've always given fairly comprehensive advice when I've been asked as well. Everyone has said thanks, although fuuma found a way to insult me in the same sentence.
laugh.gif
I'd hope that one or two omissions don't make you change your stance on giving advice or helping people out. One of the really great things about SF is the spirit with which advice/help is given. It even outweighs what goes on in CE and DT. I can tell you that on a couple occasions I've written out a complete reply to someone and was interrupted while proof-reading, just as I was about to send. Then because i'm using tabs and maybe went over to something else so the boss didn't see, I later closed my browser thinking a reply had been actually been sent when it wasn't. I normally realize when I've done this (usually it was just a regular forum post that didn't matter) but it's possible there have been times when I didn't. Bottom line, sometimes people think they replied when they didn't, for whatever reason.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads