• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thank god

eMacPaul

Reaction score
lol, yeah... I've never understood their appeal.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good riddance. I predict a significant drop in escalator-related injuries over the coming months and years.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
and in a related story, God cancels armageddon.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Given this thread's title ...

Halleluja!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Praise the Lord....I have lost faith in the human race for a few years with people wearing these abominations...

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Many tears will be shed by the children of China. I predict a surge in demand for McD happy meals as the parents find other means to satisfy the little emporers demand for all things (junks?) from the West.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're kind of cute FOR SMALL KIDS.(and maybe tweens)

The problem is when you're relying on such a fickle market that is probably more trend driven than other age groups, you're screwed. On top of that, they're made out of indestructible plastic. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where this ship was headed from day 1.

A man of strong girth and increased age was spotted in front of my building one time wearing these. I had to resist running him over.

They sell these things in Hong Kong for $5 (supposedly authentic, but who knows) Luckily, I rarely see anyone wearing these things around here.

Unfortunately, it seems like UGG boots are the new thing. Makes me say UGGG every time I see a pair.

specialblend

Reaction score
HAH This kinda **** always happens with fad brands that are one trick ponies. They start small and their product catches on. They ride this wave until they cannot keep up with demand so then they go to the bank and ask for a big fat loan saying "look we've got all this demand" but eventually the demand for the product dies down and they can't cover their costs because of the big fat loan and ballooning overhead.

Lesson is, kids. If you want to launch a brand make sure you build it properly, over time, with a decent product assortment, and a long term strategy.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
They're kind of cute FOR SMALL KIDS.(and maybe tweens)

yeah, cute until they get stuck on the escalator

amd_crocs.jpg

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the father of a 12 year old girl, this saddens me. Crocs are, IMO, the best abstinence aid ever invented. Nobody is ********** with anyone wearing crocs.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
Unfortunately, it seems like UGG boots are the new thing. Makes me say UGGG every time I see a pair.

Weren't UGG boots the 'new thing' about 5 years ago?

Still, they're preferable to crocs...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads