• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thailand in February

deputamadre

Reaction score
I'm heading to Bangkok on February 4 and plan to be there for a few weeks. Any advice on places to go? I'm not opposed to heading to Cambodia, Laos, or Vietnam as well. I'm 22, so I'm not an old ex-pat looking for hookers. Some places with a semblance of nightlife would be good, just not as crazy as Phuket or Bangkok. I've done some research, but would like some first-hand accounts. Thanks

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Angor Wat in Cambodia. The various guest houses will have tours you can take. Its three days Minnimum but really, really, cool. I spent some time in Chiang Mai and liked it, mellow city. I stayed at the Eagle guest house and would again. ko Toa in the south is part of a three island group with ko Samui and ko Phan Ngan . really mellow, wish I had stayed longer.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the islands on the eastern side of the bay of thailand - much queter, less tourists. I have stayed at Ko Chang, very nice.

deputamadre

Reaction score
I'm definitely heading to Ko Tao and Ko Samui. I'm trying to figure out the itinerary now. Should I do Cambodia first then swing down to the islands?

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deputamadre
I'm definitely heading to Ko Tao and Ko Samui. I'm trying to figure out the itinerary now. Should I do Cambodia first then swing down to the islands?

Skip Koh Samui and go to Koh Phangan instead. I'd do Cambodia first.

deputamadre

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nioh
Skip Koh Samui and go to Koh Phangan instead. I'd do Cambodia first.

K. I've heard Samui is getting touristy.

nioh

Reaction score

Not getting.. make that has been for the last 5 years at least.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it was getting touristy 25 years ago, now it is disneyland

deputamadre

Reaction score
OK, so... Koh Phan Gan, Koh Tao, anywhere else I should check out in Thailand?

deputamadre

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Bangkok for 3 days while waiting to meet up with a friend. Any advice on what area to stay in, what to do, etc. ?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would check out the Andaman Islands, not too far from Thailand and something different--- away from the herd.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
I would check out the Andaman Islands, not too far from Thailand and something different--- away from the herd.

agreed, the beaches are more spectacular and less touristed if at all. try ko chang on the border of burma.

go to cambodia via the 100bht van to siam reap. it's an experience you'll never forget.

enjoy!

deputamadre

Reaction score
What's the visa process for going to Cambodia from Thailand? I'm American.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads