• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

thai peanut dressing?

Annadale

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
191
Reaction score
24
Coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, minced garlic, finely chopped red birds eye chillies, salt, pepper. Proportions as you see fit. Great with everything, including the morning toast.
 

Merlino

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
^ Now granted I don't know what Thai peanut dressing is but wouldn't include peanuts?
 

Annadale

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
191
Reaction score
24
Originally Posted by Merlino
^ Now granted I don't know what Thai peanut dressing is but wouldn't include peanuts?

^^OMG! Sorry, forgot the peanuts, roasted, and crunchy peanut butter!
 

downwithianbrown

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
1
haha. thanks Annadale. I will try that one. Everytime I go to a thai restaurent I find myself thinking I could eat salad all day if I had that dressing. I will try thise recipe.
 

DerekS

Guyliner
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
8,625
Reaction score
4,843
Originally Posted by Annadale
^^OMG! Sorry, forgot the peanuts, roasted, and crunchy peanut butter!

this is great. i wrote it down and didnt notice peanuts were missing
 

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
4,305
Reaction score
1,618
I don't have a recipe, but I frequently purchase the spicy Thai peanut vinaigrette at Trader Joes. It is very similar to other types of this style of dressing and is very tasty.
 

KJT

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
1,302
Reaction score
12
easy recipe that always gets good results:

* 1 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons red chili paste, such as sambal
* 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
* 2 limes, juiced
* 1/2 cup hot water
* 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish

Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, red chili paste, brown sugar, and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Puree to combine. While the motor is running, drizzle in the hot water to thin out the sauce, you may not need all of it. Pour the sauce into a nice serving bowl and garnish with the chopped peanuts.

Edit: This is more of a dipping sauce, like for satay. not sure if that's what you're looking for.
 

barims

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
567
^ Noted
 

Annadale

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
191
Reaction score
24
Originally Posted by DerekS
this is great. i wrote it down and didnt notice peanuts were missing

Also forgot to mention to simmer the coconut milk and then add everything else and cook for a few minutes. It will sit in a jar in the fridge for about a week (never makes it past day 2 in my house). Thin it with more lime juice to make a dressing for cold rice noodles. Use it as a satay dip, or as I said previously on your morning toast. Also good on poached chicken breasts. I love this dressing.
 

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
3,659
Reaction score
148
Originally Posted by KJT
easy recipe that always gets good results:

* 1 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons red chili paste, such as sambal
* 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
* 2 limes, juiced
* 1/2 cup hot water
* 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish

Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, red chili paste, brown sugar, and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Puree to combine. While the motor is running, drizzle in the hot water to thin out the sauce, you may not need all of it. Pour the sauce into a nice serving bowl and garnish with the chopped peanuts.

Edit: This is more of a dipping sauce, like for satay. not sure if that's what you're looking for.



This is the one you need with a little ground cloves for the Indonesian style peanut/satay sauce. Maybe cook some lemon grass in there.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,046
Messages
9,190,773
Members
193,064
Latest member
EKov

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top