• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texas Meeting- No, Really

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
A few of us have begun talking about it for some time this summer...

Maybe Austin would be best as it's centrally located.

Anyone interested?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would be amenable to such a gathering, if it were in Austin.

There was some interest from Austin members of AAAC as well.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As might Vaclav might put it: "Will you raise a glass, for the Franco's?"

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
What would be a good time and place for everyone?

4th of July at Kent's place???

Has someone already cross posted this at Andy's or should I?

Would anyone be coming from Dallas or Houston?

adversity04

Reaction score
I'd be the youngin of the group....heading down to Austin in 3 weeks for 6 months of fun
laugh.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I assume many of us will have other social obligations on July 4. I am moving at the end of June, so my pad is probably not a good idea around that time. I can do it on June 23 though, which should still be early enough for people to plan. I do have a well-stocked bar and even a cocktail menu (PDF). We could also do a public venue, preferably somewhere we can wear our fancy clothes. The Driskill Hotel is a Victorian-era hotel downtown, where all the Democrats hang out while the State legislature is in session (which I believe it is at the moment). It is quite swank, slightly swankier than even the Four Seasons. Nothing special cocktail-wise, but lots of expensive whiskeys and tequilas. The markup is about what you would expect from such an establishment. Alternatively, we could go to The Peacock in a gentrifying part of town, though the interiors are nice and we would not look too out of place in suits. The cocktails are fairly cheap and the bartenders are the most knowledgeable in town. Steve, you should post on AAAC and link them here.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I was kidding @ July 4th, Kent.

Does everyone want to make it in June, or would later in July or August be preferable?

That way we could get publicize it for a longer period of time and quite possibly have a larger turnout.

aybojs

Reaction score
Driving out of town isn't an option for me, at least for the indefinite future, but I'd be happy to participate in/help organize a Houston meeting, should anyone in the vicinity be interested in that.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aybojs
Driving out of town isn't an option for me, at least for the indefinite future, but I'd be happy to participate in/help organize a Houston meeting, should anyone in the vicinity be interested in that.

I might be down for that. I'm just very poorly dressed, especially compared to some of you.. and not nearly as skinny.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Texas in July, but something tells me I wouldn't be welcome.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't see why not. What part of Texas? It's a big state.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads