1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Testing new function

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Mar 15, 2006.

1. j

j Senior member Admin

Im suspecting a conflicting hack. Is there any way you can disable one at a time and test? This behaviour is really trippy.

testing blurfly yoox

The only other hack I have is the IP/proxy check hack. This is a pretty new install.

2. The Geek

The Geek Member

I doubt a cache rebuild would accomplish much as it is sometimes getting a positive match and sometimes not.

Honestly, it doesnt make any sense and in hundreds of installs between the PRO version, the LITE version and the 3.0x version, I have never seen this type of behaviour. I suspect that the $gal->process_text($message) code is getting skipped either because of some odd post caching script you have installed or some other hack that has the potential to change the message variable.

3. The Geek

The Geek Member

Thats the only other hack?!? Hmmm... can you go register on www.thevbgeek.com and PM me there? I would like you to try the PRO version on here to see if there is any difference

4. j

j Senior member Admin

I doubt a cache rebuild would accomplish much as it is sometimes getting a positive match and sometimes not.

Honestly, it doesnt make any sense and in hundreds of installs between the PRO version, the LITE version and the 3.0x version, I have never seen this type of behaviour. I suspect that the $gal->process_text($message) code is getting skipped either because of some odd post caching script you have installed or some other hack that has the potential to change the message variable.

Hmm.. well I haven't installed any extra script that I know of. Where would I look?

5. j

j Senior member Admin

Thats the only other hack?!? Hmmm... can you go register on www.thevbgeek.com and PM me there? I would like you to try the PRO version on here to see if there is any difference
    Doing so...

6. j

j Senior member Admin

Doing so...
    Still waiting on conf email.