1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Testing for glucose levels and other self tests

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Star, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Star

Star Senior member

Feeling at times feint and hypoglycemic at different parts of the day. Impacting my mood and clarity of thought. Thinking of purchasing a glucose monitor and measuring myself at fixed times during the day over a period of a few weeks. Anyone do something similar? Thoughts? What do you measure?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I just took my blood pressure with my portable blood pressure monitor. I have borderline pressure so it is relieving to see that it is nornal right now...

3. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I'm a Type 2 diabetic, and monitor my glucose levels 3 times a day - first thing in the morning (fasting test), just before the evening meal and 2 hours after that. You look to keep your levels between 4 and 7.

But this is an inconvenience, and not something I'd do unnecessarily. And, seriously, diabetes is not something you treat yourself for - the implications are fricking scary. If you think something is up, get to a doctor and have a proper fasting blood test done.

4. Star

Star Senior member

No I can't imagine having to prick yourself 3 times a day to be desirable. I have my blood tested twice a year and it appears whilst I am at the doctors I am fine and this is reflected in the results. I was thinking of measuring my glucose while I am living in the real world (not the Doctor's surgery) and feel the drop. Perhaps if over the course of a few weeks I am getting consistent normal readings then I can rule out fluctuations in glucose as the cause of my symptoms.

5. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

low temperature (96-97) is another sign of hypoglycemia.