• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

terrible style sightings!

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Star
Words cannot explain what a @&6$%# that guy is.

+infinity

Mel is a bit of a MILF sometimes.

Larry though is quite decently dressed I think (pinstripes with jeans sometimes though lol). But he wears peaked lapels often, and his clothes fit.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sydneycentric
How about the way Kochie is dressed on Sunrise?

Originally Posted by Star
Words cannot explain what a @&6$%# that guy is.

Koch is a poorly dressed, unamusing, amateurish, smug and self-satisfied fool.

To get back to the original post, I've noticed a few fellows on the train lately wearing double-vented suit jackets with the vents still sewn shut. Bizarrely, one of the suits looked quite expensive and the vents were sewn shut with "x"s made from white, basting thread. How could anyone fail to notice that a) the vents on their jacket were sewn up and b) that it was done with highly visible, white thread?

hamish5178

Reaction score
I think most people don't know enough to know that you're supposed to remove it.

falsestart

Reaction score
On occasion I've seen people leave the label that is sewn onto the sleeve of suit jackets on. Strange stuff.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by falsestart
On occasion I've seen people leave the label that is sewn onto the sleeve of suit jackets on. Strange stuff.

Saw that yesterday on an overcoat... wanted to say something.

crpz32

Reaction score

As a Korean-American living in Germany, I have seen so many young Korean music majors (international students) performing on stage with labels still on their sleeves. I felt so bad for these kids that I posted on a Korean forum (for Koreans in Germany) telling them they are supposed to take it off.

You guys wouldn't believe it, but I got flamed for it. Some of these clowns asked their German friends (ignorants themselves) who told them there were no such "rules" and I was making stuff up. Amazing world we live in.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crpz32
As a Korean-American living in Germany, I have seen so many young Korean music majors (international students) performing on stage with labels still on their sleeves. I felt so bad for these kids that I posted on a Korean forum (for Koreans in Germany) telling them they are supposed to take it off.

You guys wouldn't believe it, but I got flamed for it. Some of these clowns asked their German friends (ignorants themselves) who told them there were no such "rules" and I was making stuff up. Amazing world we live in.

Wait......you don't leave the pricetags on your clothes to show others how expensive it was??

But how will people know you are wearing an Armani suit!!!

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ouch. Well, good on you for trying. The label thing is not only baffling but also incredibly ugly. Maybe we can get Karl or Giorgio to make a statement on that
laugh.gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sometimes people (read: losers) do this because they think its cool to show the label of the waaaay bad ass Jones New York suit they just bought. I've been to some douche bag infested college events where some kids will do this and I have no problem telling them they are wrong. On numerous occasions there response has been they want to leave it there so people know the brand.

I personally would want no one to know that I am sporting a Jones New York suit.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
i just saw a grown man at a mid/high end lounge wear his french cuffs not folded back, simply putting the cufflinks at the farthest pair of holes (and a gaudy pair of huge black cufflinks, at that). this hurt my brain.

If he wore french cuffs folded out, wouldn't that cover his entire hand???

Originally Posted by youngScholar
In general, I see floor-length pants more often than I should.
confused.gif

I don't know where tailors get this ridiculous idea from, but they all have it. I've had to argue with tailors to make my pants not touch the floor.

Originally Posted by quinnk
Saw that yesterday on an overcoat... wanted to say something.

I don't often see this on suits, but quite often on overcoats. Many people are just unaware that these are supposed to be removed. Also, most overcoats don't get any alterations done, otherwise any competent tailor would naturally remove the tag.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GIVE US THE LINK!!! WE'LL SETTLE IT!!!

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dear God. we need some prayers for them.
Originally Posted by Zenny
But how will people know you are wearing an Armani suit!!!
or in the case of some asian rip-off brands, an ARMENI suit (yes i've seen this
laugh.gif
)
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
GIVE US THE LINK!!! WE'LL SETTLE IT!!!
+1000!
bounce2.gif
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
If he wore french cuffs folded out, wouldn't that cover his entire hand???
nah, he pushed it back so he just had lots and lots of fabric creasing around his arms
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads