• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tequila

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to be in Cabo next month - what tequila would one recommend?

Am a total noob when it comes to tequila. Would prefer blanco than the anejo because guessing from this thread, I believe that is the way to go?, and also, want to take it easy rather than get wasted..just have that vacation glow and buzz that is just, right!

Casa Noble seems to be getting a lot of love around here? Just start with that?

This is what I could glean from the thread (in no particular order):
  • Casa Noble
  • Don Julio blanco
  • Don Julio 1942
  • Tequila Ocho
  • 4 Copas blanco
  • 7 Leguas blanco
  • Fortaleza
  • Don Eduardo Anejo
  • El Tosoro
  • Tapatio
  • El Jimador Blanco
  • Patron blanca
  • Partida blanca
  • 1800 Millenium
  • San Matias Orgullo
  • Corzo blanca
  • Cazadores blanca
  • Gran Centanario
  • Milagro
  • Cazcanes Blanco (2018 SF Spirits winner)
  • monte alban (mezcal)
My recommendation is once you get to Cabo, find a good bar with multiple options and ask if they can do a side-by-side tequila tasting with all blancas. That way you can compare the subtalties and discover what you prefer. Most bartenders will enjoy proudly directing you to some of there best. You can learn a lot, have fun and often the bartender will keep pouring tastes for you to enjoy. Salute!

bullrams

Reaction score
My recommendation is once you get to Cabo, find a good bar with multiple options and ask if they can do a side-by-side tequila tasting with all blancas. That way you can compare the subtalties and discover what you prefer. Most bartenders will enjoy proudly directing you to some of there best. You can learn a lot, have fun and often the bartender will keep pouring tastes for you to enjoy. Salute!

Thank you, Gus! I believe you are a Cabo-regular?, or at least fond of it? - any particular recs for tequila-tasting bars? or Mexican food for that matter?

Good to hear from you - been a while.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Gus! I believe you are a Cabo-regular?, or at least fond of it? - any particular recs for tequila-tasting bars? or Mexican food for that matter?

Good to hear from you - been a while.

We are more Zhijuatanejo regulars than Cabo. I've been there, but not enough to recommend any particular tequila bars. However, if you will be in San Jose del Cabo, I highly recommend a visit to Flora Farms for a meal (lunch or dinner) and cocktails. It is an very enjoyable experience.
https://www.flora-farms.com/fields-kitchen

20160225FloraFarmsPhotoshoot0232.jpg

bullrams

Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My wife and I were in Mexico last week (Half Moon Bay near Akumal) and did exactly this. It is the perfect combination of all my favorite things; namely, spirits, the beach, my wife, and trying new things. Not in that order obviously. I have been drinking tequila for years, and this past week, this method allowed me to identify a couple I had never tried before, but will pick up at home now that I know them..

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve also become a big fan of Chinaco lately.

bullrams

Reaction score
I highly recommend a visit to Flora Farms for a meal (lunch or dinner) and cocktails

This was excellent!

We had made reservations as soon as you'd recommended this place.

Once we were in our hotel, everyone recommended we go to Flora Farms - the place is super popular. Their bloody-mary's are on another level!

San Jose Del Cabo was so much more quaint, cozy, and with character than its more commercial-counterpart, Cabo San Lucas.

Thank you for all the recs!

Reactions: Gus

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was excellent!

We had made reservations as soon as you'd recommended this place.

Once we were in our hotel, everyone recommended we go to Flora Farms - the place is super popular. Their bloody-mary's are on another level!

San Jose Del Cabo was so much more quaint, cozy, and with character than its more commercial-counterpart, Cabo San Lucas.

Thank you for all the recs!

Last June we rented a home overlooking the beach about halfway between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. I spent most of my time in San Jose del Cabo for all the reasons you mentioned. I especially enjoyed Flora Farms so I'm glad to hear that you had a similar positive experience. In addition, I enjoyed some very successful sport fishing out of the marina at SJDC. I don't really see any reason why I would ever go to Cabo San Lucas again. Not when I can fly right into SJDC and stay there.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent gift from an old friend, wife approved.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoy both tequila and mezcal on occasion, but we have a horrible selection at home. Picked up this to keep me company on my trip, along with some limes and grapefruit soda for some evening Palomas! So far I'm enjoying up, but anything might taste good after these days...

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember that being dry with a lot of minerality. They make a rose tequila that is aged in cab franc barrels, if I recall correctly, ladies love it.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eight pages? Come on tequila drinkers. The sausage thread has like, hundreds of pages.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone looking for an amazing sipper, find this one. Casa Dragones. Epicurious called it the best blanco tequila around which is an accomplishment if for no other reason than there seems to be hundreds on the shelves these days. They also make an anejo, which I have not tried but want to. Very clean tasting with distinct but subtle white pepper on the taste, Best blanco I’ve ever had.
FC27B9C4-5DC2-4573-921C-9A71A9B5C3CC.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking for an amazing sipper, find this one. Casa Dragones. Epicurious called it the best blanco tequila around which is an accomplishment if for no other reason than there seems to be hundreds on the shelves these days. They also make an anejo, which I have not tried but want to. Very clean tasting with distinct but subtle white pepper on the taste, Best blanco I’ve ever had.
View attachment 1456949

To each his own, but I wasn't impressed by the taste of Casa Dragones Blanco, which I have tried multiple times. I would take Siete Leguas Blanco or Tequila Ocho Plata over it (and at half the price.) I will give Casa Dragones credit for remarkable PR &marketing in a very crowded, "ultra premium" marketplace. The brand does get a lot of buzz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads