Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tennis shoes to wear with jeans.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AWDesign, Jun 22, 2002.

1. AWDesign

AWDesign New Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering what shoes you all like to wear with your jeans. I was looking for a tennis type shoe, like steve maddens or diesels. Any other good brands/styles out there? I'm not looking for something expensive (prada, etc), but around the 100 dollar range.

Thanks,

Aaron

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

New Balance makes the best tennis shoes, but they're more for running and walking. A good casual shoe usually looks best when you're trying to dress a pair of jeans up...

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like classic Pumas best. Lately, Asics, Adidas, and Reebok have also jumped on the retro bandwagon, with pretty reasonable results. I like the look of classic Converse, but they break down pretty quickly and aren't all that comfortable to begin with. Tsubo makes a good hybrid. If you need a designer kick, it seems that every major designer is taking his or her cue from the Jil Sander and Puma collaboration, although I personally think that designer sneakers are neither better made nor particularly better designed than their templates.

There was actually a thread on this a while back. Maybe you should look to that for ideas.

4. jetLab

jetLab Well-Known Member

For around $100 you can buy a pair of previous season Prada shoes...

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I'm not really into the funky Puma look, here's what I'm wearing instead for the summer. They are classic Vans shoes. authentic classic slip-ons era-dogtown old skool Any of these sneakers really go great with Diesel's, Energie, PDC, ect...

6. jetLab

jetLab Well-Known Member

Energie also makes decent shoes. Too much people are wearing Diesel ones.