Tennis Partners

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by matadorpoeta, Oct 29, 2004.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i would like to find someone to play tennis with but i don't know where to look, so i'm hoping someone here can give some advice.

i have two friends that i play tennis with, but one has moved away and the other isn't really into it. he only likes to play twice a week at most and he gets bored after 20 minutes.

i'd like to find someone who is really into it and wants to play 2 or 3 times a week. i don't care if they are a beginner as long as they're into it.

i don't belong to a club and i suspect joing one would cost alot more than i can afford. i've seen some internet sites that claim to be message boards for people looking for tennis partners, as i am now, but the sites look cheesy and the people who post don't seem to get any responses.

does anyone have advice?

tia

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Maybe go to a tennis club and see if you can post a flyer somewhere on a lightpost or something saying exactly what you typed out in your first paragraph there. Then cut the bottom up a few times and write your phone number on it so people can pull your number off the flyer.

Maybe try it near an Oshman's or Sport Chalet too.

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

4. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

thank you both for the advice. i'm going to put up a flyer at the college near my house. i also put an ad on craig's list and already have one response. i'm a little apprehensive about meeting people through the internet so let's hope i don't run into any freaks. [​IMG]