• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tendulkar first to get 200 in ODIs

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
by the time he got to 50 of 37 balls, it was already feeling inevitable.

So glad it's him. Had to be him. don't think there's ever been a more loved sportsperson.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cricket is more boring than church.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
Cricket is more boring than church.

apparently you have never tried to watch golf or baseball.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a brilliant effort.

but i wonder how important the record will prove to be in the long run as one day cricket seems to be a dying sport.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
A deserved accolade for one of the all time greats.

I'm a purist when it comes to this stuff, not a big ODI fan, kinda hate the 20-20 stuff on general principle, but understand the appeal, but do agree that ODIs are a dying beast. You are either someone who appreciates the nuance of cricket, and can watch it unfold over five days of seemingly nothing happening, or you wanna see people smash sixes while they play 'The Boys Are Back in Town' over the loudspeakers. Either way, it puts the 50 over game in no-mans land - and dabbling with power plays and crap like that just kind of reeks of shark-jumping.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
a brilliant effort.

but i wonder how important the record will prove to be in the long run as one day cricket seems to be a dying sport.

Originally Posted by Matt
A deserved accolade for one of the all time greats.

I'm a purist when it comes to this stuff, not a big ODI fan, kinda hate the 20-20 stuff on general principle, but understand the appeal, but do agree that ODIs are a dying beast. You are either someone who appreciates the nuance of cricket, and can watch it unfold over five days of seemingly nothing happening, or you wanna see people smash sixes while they play 'The Boys Are Back in Town' over the loudspeakers. Either way, it puts the 50 over game in no-mans land - and dabbling with power plays and crap like that just kind of reeks of shark-jumping.

I don't think this is necessarily true. 50 over cricket is becoming less popular because it's overplayed.

I love tests, and i can put up with t20s, but the most memorable cricketing moments for me have been ODIs.

I think there's something for all 3 formats. t20s for slogging and drunken nights. tests for ultimate skill and persevering. ODIs represent being able to cope with immense pressure in run chases, and having good judgement in when to up the run rate. Like an 800m track race. you have to pace your innings perfectly.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait he got 200 in a t20 game? off how many balls?

and yes i agree that 50-over games are magnificent, and that there is a time and a place for t20, but i think they should do away with the test-match format altogether, ashes notwithstanding

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
wait he got 200 in a t20 game? off how many balls?

and yes i agree that 50-over games are magnificent, and that there is a time and a place for t20, but i think they should do away with the test-match format altogether, ashes notwithstanding

Nah in an ODI. impossible in a t20. McCullum made 158 off 73 and batted right through for Kolkata. and he's a pretty fit guy. i'd say 200 would be impossible in a t20.

no way do away with tests. often tests these days are boring because of extremely flat tracks. The perfect test wicket for me is something which is fast, and has a bit of seam movement in the first 2 sessions. Days 2 and 3 should be perfect for batting. It should be deteriorating by day 4, and by day 5 it should be a spinners paradise.

these days every track is flat from days 1-5.

Also the test schedule is ridiculous. The upcoming Australia tour of NZ has t20s first, then ODS then tests at the end of March! it's just ridiculous. at this time of the year, it's pretty much a certainty that at least 2 days will be rained off.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im with Matt, Test Cricket is the only cricket.

I was embarrased with the IPL, cheerleaders and tinsel cannons

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads