1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Ten day business trip to London

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by bradp, Sep 10, 2018.

1. bradp

bradp Senior Member

I've got ten days in London for a work trip - won't have much free time but would appreciate any tips on a handful of things to do, bars to drink in, etc. for evenings and the weekend that i'll be there.
    Staying in covent garden (bc near client site). Thanks in advance.

2. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

We were in England this summer for a business/pleasure trip and spent a few days in London. Our hotel was on The Strand, just below Covent Garden. IMO a great location, although I think the area may be considered square/touristy/not-hip by younger, more trendy folks. Nearby pubs I enjoyed: the Nell Gwynne, the Seven Stars (over behind the Courts of Justice), Gordon's Wine Bar, and the Lamb & Flag. These are all more in the nature of old-style/historic/traditional pubs rather than what is hot & au courant. There are a bunch of old historic restaurants in the area (Rules, Simpson's, J. Sheekey, etc.) as well as a couple of neat little churches: the Queen's Chapel of the Savoy, St. Mary-le-Strand, the RAF church St. Clement Danes. St. Martin-in-the-Fields is right there, along with Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus & Leicester Square. Somerset House has some nice art; The National Gallery, and the shops on Jermyn Street are just a stone's throw away; a quick walk across Waterloo Bridge brings over to the South Bank....

3. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

Was the trip canceled? :confused2: