• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

Medoc

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find an olive field jacket in size 56? Full or sale price. Can't locate one anywhere on the web.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anyone know where I can find an olive field jacket in size 56?  Full or sale price.  Can't locate one anywhere on the web. 

Email Ten C. I've done that for hard to find items and they've tracked things down for me. They won't sell you something directly, but they'll figure out which of their stockists have what you need.

http://www.ten-c.it/contacts/

scamster

Reaction score

scamster is a great StyFo handle for when you're advertising your eBay auctions.

it is what it is but if you have any doubt on my credentials you have only need to peruse my feedback, think you'll find all is in order.

goalaso

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find an olive field jacket 46 for sale in the U.S. (with returns, so probably from a store)? They have it in stock at Frans Boone, but I was looking for something a little closer to home… Also, anyone have any pics from a well-worn field coat? I've had trouble finding many shots of how these look after some long and hard use...

thanks

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the actual warmth of the various liners? I was just gifted the deck jacket with the shearling liner, and while the whole package looks undeniably cool I'm feeling a little skeptical. The shearling just seems too thin (as compared to other shearling jackets I've felt) to have any serious insulating value in conditions below, say, 40 degrees. And does anyone know the fill rating on the down they use? I know, I know, this isn't a purely technical garment, but someone shelled out for this thing and at these prices I'd feel better for them if I knew fashion and function were at least split 50/50 - as it is I'm getting the sense that the scale is tipped heavily towards the former.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the actual warmth of the various liners? I was just gifted the deck jacket with the shearling liner, and while the whole package looks undeniably cool I'm feeling a little skeptical. The shearling just seems too thin (as compared to other shearling jackets I've felt) to have any serious insulating value in conditions below, say, 40 degrees. And does anyone know the fill rating on the down they use? I know, I know, this isn't a purely technical garment, but someone shelled out for this thing and at these prices I'd feel better for them if I knew fashion and function were at least split 50/50 - as it is I'm getting the sense that the scale is tipped heavily towards the former.

I have the shearling and down liner, but the shearling version is an older model that I think is thinner than the new one (though I haven't seen the new one).

FWIW, I think they work pretty well. But you're probably right that they're not good for temps below 40. You might want something warmer in those cases. Although with a bit of layering, the Ten C liner + a coat would be fine.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score

I have the shearling and down liner, but the shearling version is an older model that I think is thinner than the new one (though I haven't seen the new one).

FWIW, I think they work pretty well. But you're probably right that they're not good for temps below 40. You might want something warmer in those cases. Although with a bit of layering, the Ten C liner + a coat would be fine.

Thanks for your reply. So I guess this thing won't be replacing my arctic parka. What about the new hooded down liners? Anyone have any experience with those?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks for your reply. So I guess this thing won't be replacing my arctic parka. What about the new hooded down liners? Anyone have any experience with those?

You mean Nigel Cabourn's Arctic parka? I have the Everest and think they serve different purposes. Cabourn's is 45 and below, Ten C for anything warmer.

Have the shearling and felt hood liners. They're more decorative than anything, but I also don't really use the hoods. Felt is nice for a more low key look, but I mostly have the shearling in.

My set is basically wearing the shearling liner on its own (though, again, mine is the old version). Down liner goes into the jackets. Shearling liner into the hoods. I keep the felt liner around cause sometimes I think it would look better in certain situations, but I never really swap it in.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score

You mean Nigel Cabourn's Arctic parka? I have the Everest and think they serve different purposes. Cabourn's is 45 and below, Ten C for anything warmer.

Have the shearling and felt hood liners. They're more decorative than anything, but I also don't really use the hoods. Felt is nice for a more low key look, but I mostly have the shearling in.

My set is basically wearing the shearling liner on its own (though, again, mine is the old version). Down liner goes into the jackets. Shearling liner into the hoods. I keep the felt liner around cause sometimes I think it would look better in certain situations, but I never really swap it in.

Oh no, just Woolrich. Those Cabourn parkas are amazing but I can't justify the splurge...for now. But yes, it was the hope that the ten-c could replace the Woolrich. It certainly has the look of something that could brave a cold winter and from what I see on various sites it is certainly being sold as such. Disappointed to hear that is not the case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads