• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

Emixam

Reaction score
@ceoceo how is the waterproofness after wash ?

cs12

Reaction score
I wouldn't machine wash any of mine I know it says you can but its not worth the risk as bleach could affect the water resistance.

I just put mine in on a cold rinse.

cs12

Reaction score
Pics of my collection got the Rain Parka for 50% off
1f60a.png

Would love more but can't justify them at the moment.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I recently bought a shearling liner and really like it. Would like to use it with other Ten C outerwear, but only have the fishtail parka (which I think I can only really wear in very wet or cold weather).

Anyone have a favorite Ten C model? I can't decide on what else to get.

Already have a few M-65 jackets from other companies. The parachute jacket looks a bit too slim and straight forward. Short fishtail parka is too close to my fishtail. And the snow smock is a bit too close to some other jackets I have.

At the moment, leaning towards the snow smock still in a color I don't already have, but ideally would rather pick up an entirely new design.

Anyone have a recommendation for a model?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dieworkwear, I have the snow smock and the deck jacket. I like both models and look forward to colder weather when I can wear them.

I regret passing on the long fishtail parka a couple of years ago since it is the model I now really want.

I would look again at the snow smock. I imagine you have enough M65s and deck jackets at this point.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like my storm parka, even if the winter was so warm that I didn't get to wear it yet. I'm not sure how much sense it makes to get it to use with the shearling liner since it comes with a hearty shearling collar (which is removable). I added a down liner to the shearling collar, and it seems like a bombproof winter jacket.

Actually, I don't even know if they make it anymore. The Snow Smock is pretty close, but rather m65ish.

Last edited:

Twink18

Reaction score

So I recently bought a shearling liner and really like it. Would like to use it with other Ten C outerwear, but only have the fishtail parka (which I think I can only really wear in very wet or cold weather).

Anyone have a favorite Ten C model? I can't decide on what else to get.

Already have a few M-65 jackets from other companies. The parachute jacket looks a bit too slim and straight forward. Short fishtail parka is too close to my fishtail. And the snow smock is a bit too close to some other jackets I have.

At the moment, leaning towards the snow smock still in a color I don't already have, but ideally would rather pick up an entirely new design.

First off I'm a huge fan of yours, secondly this is my first post here so I'm sorry if I mess something up.

I have the ten c snow smock apertura and the blue anorak in their 3 layer nylon. I also ordered the shearling liner and would be really interested in hearing your thoughts on it. So far I've only worn the anorak as it kind of acts like a rain jacket for me, but I really really like the design of the snow smock. I would definitely recommend it. I love all the details in both jackets, for example the huge back pocket on the anorak, or all the cords on the snow smock. They're so unique and timeless in their appeal.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

First off I'm a huge fan of yours, secondly this is my first post here so I'm sorry if I mess something up.

I have the ten c snow smock apertura and the blue anorak in their 3 layer nylon. I also ordered the shearling liner and would be really interested in hearing your thoughts on it. So far I've only worn the anorak as it kind of acts like a rain jacket for me, but I really really like the design of the snow smock. I would definitely recommend it. I love all the details in both jackets, for example the huge back pocket on the anorak, or all the cords on the snow smock. They're so unique and timeless in their appeal.

Thanks!

I just got the liner, but have been wearing it on its own as a jacket. Mine is the one with the tan suede front panels. A bit of an odd look, but I like it with really beat-up jeans and overdyed boots. Sort of like what you might see in a Kapital lookbook (or so I think in my romanticized mind).

Deva

Reaction score
I have a question/query.

Why is Haven the only place that seems to carry Ten C in size 44? Ive emailed around, and even got a response from the people at ten c (through instagram of all places), and they told me the smaller size they make is size 46. I'm kind of confused by this.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have a question/query. 

Why is Haven the only place that seems to carry Ten C in size 44? Ive emailed around, and even got a response from the people at ten c (through instagram of all places), and they told me the smaller size they make is size 46. I'm kind of confused by this. 

Are you reading these as European sizes? 44 roughly translates to a US 34. Very few places will carry a size smaller than 38, let alone smaller than 36. They just don't sell as much in Western countries. TBH, kind of surprised Haven even carries a 44.

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Japanese stockist also carry 44. I tried them on and tbh 44 fits better on my standard 36 body when wearing without the liner

Last edited:

Deva

Reaction score
Are you reading these as European sizes? 44 roughly translates to a US 34. Very few places will carry a size smaller than 38, let alone smaller than 36. They just don't sell as much in Western countries. TBH, kind of surprised Haven even carries a 44.

Yes I was reading this as European size, its very hard to find clothing in such small sizes, so I 'm pretty thankful that Haven does carry them in that size. I was thinking of reinforcing the buttons on my Ten C jackets (either by myself, or professionally ), because of the sketchy reports of quality. Do you think this would make a difference?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yes I was reading this as European size, its very hard to find clothing in such small sizes, so I 'm pretty thankful that Haven does carry them in that size. I was thinking of reinforcing the buttons on my Ten C jackets (either by myself, or professionally ), because of the sketchy reports of quality.  Do you think this would make a difference? 

I don't think earlier complaints were about buttons. Someone reported that the waterproof finish on their jacket was wearing off, although I wasn't clear if they meant their jacket was soaking up water like Ventile (and thus actually still maintaining its water-resistance), or if water was soaking through like you'd find on a piece of cotton.

Anyway, I haven't had problems with my parka, but I also haven't owned it that long. Quality seems great to me, for what it's worth.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dieworkwear, I was the person who complained about the waterproof issue. Interestingly enough, unlike ventile which stiffens up (and thereby preventing further soaking through of the fabric) with water, I found it get softened, kind of wobbly in fact. The sleeves were lined and by the time you take out the jackets you probably will be wearing something long anyways. I did, however feel some moisture when I wore the jacket in the rain (That was like one time I didn't bring the umbrella with me).

Deva I reinforced my jacket buttons because to be frank they won't fall off but I didn't like the buttons dangling loose on the jacket. Mine is the second season Snow smock so the quality might vary.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dieworkwear, I was the person who complained about the waterproof issue. Interestingly enough, unlike ventile which stiffens up (and thereby preventing further soaking through of the fabric) with water, I found it get softened, kind of wobbly in fact. The sleeves were lined and by the time you take out the jackets you probably will be wearing something long anyways. I did, however feel some moisture when I wore the jacket in the rain (That was like one time I didn't bring the umbrella with me).

Deva I reinforced my jacket buttons because to be frank they won't fall off but I didn't like the buttons dangling loose on the jacket. Mine is the second season Snow smock so the quality might vary.

My understanding is that the material works just like Ventile. Since the fibers aren't twisted, they expand when wet, which prevents moisture from going through. If you do feel moisture, it could be that your jacket is dirty, since dirt might prevent the fibers from expanding (maybe like how dirt particles allow water droplets to pass through a Gore-Tex membrane).

Anyway, just a guess.

Someone else on this thread complained about their Ten C jacket soaking up the Tide smell on their shirts, but that just sounds like they needed to clean their coat. It's a knitted jersey fabric, after all, not a coated woven or something. I kind of wonder if all the complaints about Ten C are due to people not cleaning their outerwear enough.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads