• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gheebuttersnaps, I definitely appreciate the help! So you went for the Large in the Anorak? How do you think it fit compared to your other clothing in Medium?

GheeButtersnaps

Reaction score
Gheebuttersnaps, I definitely appreciate the help! So you went for the Large in the Anorak? How do you think it fit compared to your other clothing in Medium?

Here is what I bought in 40: https://www.fransboonestore.com/col.../ten-c-tempest-anorak-red?variant=92115107850

For me, the 40 without the liner fit well when I wore a medium-sized sweater underneath. If I wore several layers and/or added a liner, I would have sized up to an L. Unexpectedly, the arms are not super wide, especially at the bicep. I don't seem to have issues with arm tightness in any other clothing.

Based on your comments, I would go with a Large because I think outerwear shouldn't be too tight and going M in the M-65 with a liner might be uncomfortable. But maybe order from a store that offers free exchanges if you find one.

TheoMer

Reaction score
Picked up my Parka/Shearling liner (Brown. Non hooded) from 18Montrose, yesterday. I'm a 40 (UK)/50 (IT), but went for the 54 (IT) in both the parka and the shearling.

I tried in the Cyclone in size 54 (IT) as well, which I thought I would prefer of the two, but funnily enough, and due to the straight cut, that felt tight across my shoulders, whereas the parka felt just right. On my initial visit to try them both, I was layered with a:

1. tee shirt
2. thin jumper
3. slightly thicker jumper

I'm still looking for a hooded shearling 54 (IT), which I initially wanted to purchase, but alas none could be found. So if anyone knows where I can pick one up from, or a shearling hood (brown/54 (IT)), please let me know.

gregorigi

Reaction score
I have a black Ten C Parka (original design) with a rip right in front next to the pocket ( that fabric tears just like paper once it starts). Anyone have a suggestion how to fix it in a way that won't be noticeable? I tried a variety of black tapes (duct tape, gaffer's tape, camera tape, etc.) but none of them lasted long when exposed to the snow and rain.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a black Ten C Parka (original design) with a rip right in front next to the pocket ( that fabric tears just like paper once it starts). Anyone have a suggestion how to fix it in a way that won't be noticeable? I tried a variety of black tapes (duct tape, gaffer's tape, camera tape, etc.) but none of them lasted long when exposed to the snow and rain.

You can try sending it to a reweaver to see what they can do. Usually they work with knits and traditional wovens, such as suit fabrics, but who knows.

I use these guys:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/french-american-reweaving-co-new-york-2

73DJD

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the snow smock in royal a few years on. Still holding up very well, highly water resistant and it's held its shape well.

If anyone's got a shearling liner/ shearling hood liner / wool hood liner in a 48 or 50 they're willing to part ways with, give me a shout!

IMG_3253.jpg

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I just discovered this brand. The clothes are pretty pricey, so I am curious as to what the general impressions of their goods are before I consider them seriously. Basically looking for something to get me through our wet, cold autumns and which can take a bit of abuse from running around forests and playgrounds with my super energetic offspring. Obv must look very cool as well.

This one specifically caught my eye. Might get it if it goes on sale. Any advice on sizing? I tend to be medium in most things, aside from italian and japanese stuff, where I go for L. Also, anybody know if the sleeves can be shortened on coats like these? I always need to take a few inches off everything.

1541694916tenccyclone_9321.JPG

printyra

Reaction score
For those who have the liner, did yours come with a big tag attached to the sleeve? Did you remove it (how did you do so without harming the jacket?) or do you just leave it on? I plan on just wearing the liner as a jacket on its own and I'm contemplating removing this tag because it is quite large (4"x1").

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have an old version of the liner and wear it all the time as a jacket. More than my Ten C jackets, tbh. But it's a little thinner and more manageable. I don't know how well the new design works as a standalone piece.

If you're only going to use that as a liner, I would keep it the tag as-is in case you one day sell it. If you think you may use it as a standalone jacket though, I would cut it off.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
pm if anyone interested in a pair of size 29 Ten C pants
navy, styled like a jean, made from their standard jacket/coat fabric

gpa21

Reaction score
Just picked up the Snow Smock in Olive locally that has barely been worn. I tried on the anorak in store and was a 46 but this is sized 52 and fits the same...perhaps mislabelled or is this just a smaller fitting jacket?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads