• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kind of wonder if all the complaints about Ten C are due to people not cleaning their outerwear enough.

Ouch. This isn't my first technical jacket, I nikwax and hang dry mine. :satisfied:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean any offense. Was just throwing out hypotheses.

Deva

Reaction score
What is your opinion on how to clean outerwear? How often and what methods do you use?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rarely ever feel the need to clean outerwear. Maybe it's because I don't live in a big city? Usually, I just spot clean with a mild detergent where needed.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice prices on Ten C in Bodega's sale. This is where I got my storm parka for 70% off last year. I rarely see the shearling liners at this price.

seagull

Reaction score
I purchased a Navy jacket in the sales, which has now had a month of road testing.

This has included several soakings in torrential rain and I've remained bone dry, so the water proofing/resistance has certainly proved itself to date.

I bought a shearling liner, which has also earned its spurs during what's been a cold few weeks in England; I've felt warm and cosy, even when braving the elements for several hours in bitter conditions at a football match.

Perhaps most importantly, I love the look and feel of the jacket and that much discussed material. Some of the negative feedback here has been about the way it and its water repellency hold up, so we'll see how things go in the longer term. But so far I'm very happy.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
I purchased a Navy jacket in the sales, which has now had a month of road testing.

This has included several soakings in torrential rain and I've remained bone dry, so the water proofing/resistance has certainly proved itself to date.

I bought a shearling liner, which has also earned its spurs during what's been a cold few weeks in England; I've felt warm and cosy, even when braving the elements for several hours in bitter conditions at a football match.

Perhaps most importantly, I love the look and feel of the jacket and that much discussed material. Some of the negative feedback here has been about the way it and its water repellency hold up, so we'll see how things go in the longer term. But so far I'm very happy.
How did you size the liner ?

Thanks

seagull

Reaction score
I got a 48 liner and 50 jacket - they line up perfectly.

I'm usually a 48 in outerwear but the 48 Navy jacket felt just a little snug with layers underneath taken into consideration (liner, sweater or jacket etc). Plus the little bit of extra length on the 50 means it covers the bottom of of jackets better.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Thanks, been looking for a Ten C piece to fill a niche in my outerwear and really like the look of the hooded liner. Will get one of the longer ones, parka or smock + liner.

Enjoy

baptiste

Reaction score
I have the snow smock in olive with a brown liner. I tested it during a skiing week. I am very satified of the heat performance (3 first days were at -5°C plus the wind) and the breathability of the jacket (3 others days were at 10°C).
The only difference with my previous technic jacket (Millet brand, more or less like artceryxs) is the weight, the snow smock is much more heavier and that could be an inconvenient for skiing. But the look of the snow smoke is definitely more my taste than all the technic outwear that we can see here (France, Alps).
To my opinion this jacket can be wear in town and in "extrem" conditions. I want to find a fishtail parka and a field jacket from ten c. As the price is very high, I am watching for it on ebay.

REDMOND

Reaction score
gents has anyone got a 54 inner and the hood liner they want to sell ?
thanks

baptiste

Reaction score
I have just bought a shell A.C from Ten C in navy. I love this stuff too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads