• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost went in on the storm parka but hesitated due to the reports of Ten C's quality :/

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does the field jacket fit you? I am somewhat interested in one down the road, and I'm 6'4 with a 40" chest and was thinking about the 50 of 52. Would likely want the shearling liner at one point, so im not looking for super fitted.

The field jacket is too slim, I can only wear it with a t-shirt

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I almost went in on the storm parka but hesitated due to the reports of Ten C's quality :/

yeah I think that makes he hesitate on the Brandt. I've seen iy once known person about 2 years ago and the fabric was amazing. however after started seeing people say it lost its waterproofness / extreme wear and tear

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't understand some of the really harsh reviews from a year or two ago, unless production has changed since then. My Storm Parka is so solid that I literally felt a little claustrophobic when I zipped it all the way and put up the hood. It feels like armor. If it's a matter of disappointment in the reduction of water resistance over time, I can understand that. But, pretty much any tech fabric I've owned does the same thing.

Haven is having 15% off outerwear with 'OUTER15', but they are still more expensive than most EU/UK stocklists.

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frankly, I don't understand some of the really harsh reviews from a year or two ago, unless production has changed since then. My Storm Parka is so solid that I literally felt a little claustrophobic when I zipped it all the way and put up the hood. It feels like armor. If it's a matter of disappointment in the reduction of water resistance over time, I can understand that. But, pretty much any tech fabric I've owned does the same thing.

Haven is having 15% off outerwear with 'OUTER15', but they are still more expensive than most EU/UK stocklists.

TenC's material really sucks, as long as you like the design of the coat, that's all that matters.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, man. I wouldn't pay a dime for something made from material I thought really sucked, regardless of whether I like the design.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
@habitant and @zissou , thanks for the comments on the sizing. Appreciated.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Then you will find that you wasted $470

No, I meant material that I thought really sucked, not material that you thought really sucked. Perhaps, this coat won't pan out to be what I expected, and that's fine. You won't find me buying more than one Ten C jacket if that's the case.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
keep us updated Z on the jacket. when I felt the jacket yes u are right it felt bomb proof, very substantial. who knows maybe it's different now.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been debating in my mind what to do in terms of liners for my Storm Parka. I almost purchased the shearling liner and hood, but I like the shearling collar that came with the coat (see my photo above), and would surely have to remove it.

And, I don't like how the shearling hood liners stick out of the hoods...

...and the shearling liner is so damn expensive.

Maybe I will just get the down liner and use it with the included shearling collar.

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my short parka today, no liner or collar or anything.. The fit is spot on though. Sleeves are fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads