1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Apr 3, 2012.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Ten C down to half price at Bodega!

2. seagull

seagull Member

I purchased a Navy jacket in the sales, which has now had a month of road testing.

This has included several soakings in torrential rain and I've remained bone dry, so the water proofing/resistance has certainly proved itself to date.

I bought a shearling liner, which has also earned its spurs during what's been a cold few weeks in England; I've felt warm and cosy, even when braving the elements for several hours in bitter conditions at a football match.

Perhaps most importantly, I love the look and feel of the jacket and that much discussed material. Some of the negative feedback here has been about the way it and its water repellency hold up, so we'll see how things go in the longer term. But so far I'm very happy.

3. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

How did you size the liner ?

Thanks

4. seagull

seagull Member

I got a 48 liner and 50 jacket - they line up perfectly.

I'm usually a 48 in outerwear but the 48 Navy jacket felt just a little snug with layers underneath taken into consideration (liner, sweater or jacket etc). Plus the little bit of extra length on the 50 means it covers the bottom of of jackets better.

5. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Thanks, been looking for a Ten C piece to fill a niche in my outerwear and really like the look of the hooded liner. Will get one of the longer ones, parka or smock + liner.

Enjoy

6. seagull

seagull Member

Good call. I like the Deck Parka especially.

7. baptiste

baptiste Member

I have the snow smock in olive with a brown liner. I tested it during a skiing week. I am very satified of the heat performance (3 first days were at -5°C plus the wind) and the breathability of the jacket (3 others days were at 10°C).
    The only difference with my previous technic jacket (Millet brand, more or less like artceryxs) is the weight, the snow smock is much more heavier and that could be an inconvenient for skiing. But the look of the snow smoke is definitely more my taste than all the technic outwear that we can see here (France, Alps).
    To my opinion this jacket can be wear in town and in "extrem" conditions. I want to find a fishtail parka and a field jacket from ten c. As the price is very high, I am watching for it on ebay.

8. REDMOND

REDMOND Well-Known Member

gents has anyone got a 54 inner and the hood liner they want to sell ?
    thanks

9. scamster

scamster Senior member

REDMOND have a 52 shearling hood up for sale!

10. baptiste

baptiste Member

I have just bought a shell A.C from Ten C in navy. I love this stuff too.

11. baptiste

baptiste Member

12. Medoc

Medoc Senior member

Anyone know where I can find an olive field jacket in size 56? Full or sale price. Can't locate one anywhere on the web.

13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Email Ten C. I've done that for hard to find items and they've tracked things down for me. They won't sell you something directly, but they'll figure out which of their stockists have what you need.

http://www.ten-c.it/contacts/

1 person likes this.
  14. baptiste

baptiste Member

15. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

16. scamster

scamster Senior member

have a sughero ten c parka up for sale on ebay ;)

17. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

scamster is a great StyFo handle for when you're advertising your eBay auctions.

18. scamster

scamster Senior member

it is what it is but if you have any doubt on my credentials you have only need to peruse my feedback, think you'll find all is in order.

19. baptiste

baptiste Member

20. goalaso

goalaso Member

Anyone know where I can find an olive field jacket 46 for sale in the U.S. (with returns, so probably from a store)? They have it in stock at Frans Boone, but I was looking for something a little closer to home… Also, anyone have any pics from a well-worn field coat? I've had trouble finding many shots of how these look after some long and hard use...

thanks