• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore mine in the rain the other day and water was absorbing into the fabric. Even my dwr treated sisp pants were beading better.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absorb, yes. But did it get through the fabric and got you wet? I intend to spray 3M spray once the creases have faded a bit but while it doesn't 'bead off' the jacket can hold some rain without making me feel wet.

After doing a lot of research on the Snow Smock and receiving my new jacket I was really looking forward to my new very expensive purchase and it was quite fortunate that whilst it was in the post I happened to bump into a guy at Present clothes store in London who was wearing a navy blue snow smock that looked about 5 years old and looked like the guy had been dragged through the African bush backwards by a Land Rover wearing the said jacket. I decided to ask the guy a few questions and he said he had owned the jacket for just over a month and proceeded to show me a missing button that came off within a day of owning it. I thanked him and went on my way and the whole way home I felt deflated and a bit angry about what I had just seen.
The jacket arrived and WOW was I not impressed. I spend a great deal on my outerwear and have pieces by Nigel Cabourn, CP Company and Nanamica to name a few, I thought the quality was poor, the buttons did feel like they would fall off any day, the zip felt poor and fiddly and there was no way in hell this jacket would last longer than 2-3 years without spending fortunes on a top tailor trying to just keep it in one piece. My other jackets are all priced around the same level and they will be in my wardrobe for many many years to come. I really think these guys have shot themselves in the foot with this brand, the ridiculously laughable marketing claims need to be dropped very soon and the only picture I see is these two guys laughing all the way to the bank.

The jacket was sent back as quick as it arrived.

:angry:

I enjoyed reading it. I feel like the way it ages super fast is half-intended and half-****** R&D on their part. On one had it DOES turn into your #unique (ugh) jacket very fast. On the other hand, it does not feel as substantial or indestructible as, say, a Barbour ToKiTo or a higher end TNF.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gu
Absorb, yes. But did it get through the fabric and got you wet? I intend to spray 3M spray once the creases have faded a bit but while it doesn't 'bead off' the jacket can hold some rain without making me feel wet.
I enjoyed reading it. I feel like the way it ages super fast is half-intended and half-****** R&D on their part. On one had it DOES turn into your #unique (ugh) jacket very fast. On the other hand, it does not feel as substantial or indestructible as, say, a Barbour ToKiTo or a higher end TNF.

I guess I'm just used to a goretex pro shell. I don't like the fabric absorbing water.

gjkirk

Reaction score
I wish I could fit into the ToKito range, there are some some nice pieces there.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOLY ****... So we are the emperor, Pungetti and Harvey are the tricksters? XD

gjkirk

Reaction score
HOLY ****... So we are the emperor, Pungetti and Harvey are the tricksters? XD
rotflmao.gif

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want the storm parka - where to grab?

johnnyw

Reaction score
Hey guys, newbie here. I've been trawling the sites over the last couple of weeks looking at Ten C, I'm looking to get a snow smock or a parka. I've tried a few on in The Hideout in London and they feel great... now, the only thing is, after reading some of your comments on the waterproofness wearing off after a while, is it really worth spending £800 on a jacket, for the material to really by all rights, fail?
I'm off to Toronto soon, so:

Do I wait till I get over there and hope the new jacket is out when I'm over there... The one that's on the Haven blog, or
Get one of the new nanamica jackets?

Thanks in advance
J

Mailand

Reaction score
You have white parka and red field jacket in 52 on Yoox right now. Pricing is ok, I'm just not sure if it comes with or without inner jacket (I would say without).

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones at Yoox has always had quilted liner.

johnnyw

Reaction score
Think a 52 might be a bit too big for me, I'm more of a 48, but thanks for the heads up

johnnyw

Reaction score
Ok, so I can remember seeing this on Devour a few weeks ago, this might be the cure to the end of your waterproofing woes... I'm pretty sure it's not available in the UK yet, but you might be able to buy it soon in Home Depot etc in the US.

Just checked online and you can buy it in Home Depot in the US and Canada. It does leave a slight sheen to your jacket. I guess if its a light colour, it won't show up at all, but darker colours, you might need to think again.

http://devour.com/video/neverwet-waterproof-coating/

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A production guru friend just recommended this brand to me after becoming a somewhat recent Stone Island convert. It appears Five Story carries them, looks like I'll be making a trip to the UES for something besides Barneys...

Last edited:

Mailand

Reaction score
IMO, the waterproofness is not the major issue, I think the thinning of the material in some areas like elbows etc. is a more serious problem.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads