1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Apr 3, 2012.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

The ones at Yoox has always had quilted liner.

2. johnnyw

johnnyw Member

Think a 52 might be a bit too big for me, I'm more of a 48, but thanks for the heads up

3. johnnyw

johnnyw Member

Ok, so I can remember seeing this on Devour a few weeks ago, this might be the cure to the end of your waterproofing woes... I'm pretty sure it's not available in the UK yet, but you might be able to buy it soon in Home Depot etc in the US.

Just checked online and you can buy it in Home Depot in the US and Canada. It does leave a slight sheen to your jacket. I guess if its a light colour, it won't show up at all, but darker colours, you might need to think again.

http://devour.com/video/neverwet-waterproof-coating/

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

A production guru friend just recommended this brand to me after becoming a somewhat recent Stone Island convert. It appears Five Story carries them, looks like I'll be making a trip to the UES for something besides Barneys...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. Mailand

Mailand Well-Known Member

IMO, the waterproofness is not the major issue, I think the thinning of the material in some areas like elbows etc. is a more serious problem.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. habitant

habitant Senior member

In think the jackets are terrible actually. After only a handful of wears the fabric soaks up water, is distressing very rapidly. The Velcro on the cuffs and neck doesn't stick anymore. Maybe this one is just on mine, but the fabric absorbs smells like crazy too. Mine now reeks of tide from wearing a freshly washes shirt under it.

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? :rotflmao:

8. habitant

habitant Senior member

I prefer my clothes to just smell neutral.

9. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I didn't even know... Thought it was just one big care tag I had to tear off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

+ I purchased "Wind Jacket" from United Arrows in Japan, size 44. This one isn't even announced officially, quietly released in a couple Japanese stores and Haven in Canada. Will post pick in a couple weeks when it arrives.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Wind Jacket came today. Looks like this was a one-off Japan exclusive, since I could only find two stores world wide carrying it (One in Japan and one in Canada) and the care tag is in English/Japanese.

[​IMG]
    In Black.

Few things

1. Same hardware: buttery smooth 2a SPA zippers and Velcro I am not sure if I love it or hate it - they are really light and soft, doesn't make noise, but do not hold on tight.

2. Ten C's black is very unique. It has almost purple hue when under direct light. Fabric is soft to touch, waterproof (we all know this won't last forever) and purplish black is very lux in it's own way.

3. The fit is very, very, very aggressively cropped, almost to the point I'm guessing it was designed specifically for smaller people in Japan:
    [​IMG]
    Overall fit is also very slim which surprised me because Snow Smock I own is pretty over-sized and boxy. Now I know for sure my size in Ten C is size 46.

4. I am not sure if its just because it lacks buttons or the quality has gone up, but the construction (stitching and finish) actually feels way nicer than the Snow Smock of last year, which I had to take off and re-sew all buttons.

I love the rigid feel of brand new Ten C, the wobbly sound it makes as it breaks in. I am not sure if would keep it though, it is almost way too lux for me. I don't think I can actually abuse this jacket.
    Also, its cropped design calls for a more trimmed fit overall, which I am not really into. I'll upload my pics later & PM if interested!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. scamster

scamster Senior member

ceoceo did you do anything with your snow smock? vaguely remember you saying you going to bung it in the wash, how did it turn out?

12. mrrene12

mrrene12 New Member

Hello all,

Selling this $350 Brand New with Tags (shipped)

TEN C RUCKSACK (Olive)

RRP: $659

Pick ups available in MEL, Aus for cheaper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

So any updates on how the quality is on these jackets? I was originally really interested in the snow smock, but hearing these stories about how the fabric loses water resistivity is kinda turning me away

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I went TTS so I haven't been wearing it much during warmer weather. Still great jacket to wear in the rain. I walked 10~15 minutes in a (unexpected) downpour, and while it did start to weigh me down by the time I got inside, it kept me dry (not crisp dry like Patagonia stuffs though).

I just saw this picture, and I guess sizing down one would look good too:

[​IMG]

On the other hand, I like mine as it is (roomy and boxy) as it can accommodate pretty much anything- a shirt+sweater+actual jacket/ blazer can fit fine under it without feeling stuffed, making it a perfect winter jacket.

ps. I added hoops on Patagonia jacket last winter so that I can use as a liner. As long as the sleeve lengths match this can be a good, if not better alternatives to their in-house liners. It will have to do while I save up for this:

[​IMG]
    :inlove:

---
    fungz0r, I am 99% sure TEN C is exactly what its name entails - they are trying to see how far they can go with bullshitting us with their pricing and mysterious charm.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. al415

al415 Active Member

Hi ,
    I've been wearing a snow smock for a couple of winters now and it's holding up very well. I skimmed through this thread and saw where some people aren't getting the performance they expected from the jacket, but I have no complaints. I don't expect true waterproof performance from anything other than non-breathable rubber and wear the snow smock as a cold weather parka rather than a rain jacket. When coupled with the liner it's a true deep winter piece, albeit for urban wear.

16. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Senior member

Yeah that shearling liner looks really cool. That plus the parka is so badass (and only about $2500).
    [​IMG]
    Picture from haven.

17. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Yeah it sucks, to buy the garment expecting its advertised properties to a very long time, which are basically the main selling point of the product to begin with (waterproof + will "mold" your shape) Only to hear stories like habitant which makes you think twice before blowing like 1k + addons on a closet investment piece.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

It's good but not $1.5 k good. With its 10-15% price hike and growing stock list each season I feel like they are trying to catch both rabbits, increased profit and demand control. Unless you are a poor bloke who saved up to purchase a pair (an act which I am guilty of) price increase of $1.1k to $1.5 shouldn't be a big deal anyways, if not better since t weeds out small timers like me.

19. scamster

scamster Senior member

yeah really coveting the shearling posted by ceoceo above for my parka but the prices are getting a little silly.

wore my field in a downpour recently and held up well and kept me bone dry. quite fascinated how the feel and structure of the material changes from rather stiff to soft and malleable.

20. gus49

gus49 Well-Known Member

I agree the shearling has a powerful want one force, keep checking out the dark grey and really think the new Storm Parka is powerful too. But, really, £975 is loots of folding stuff. And then £650 for the lux shearling, mores the pity.
    Glad to hear the fabric is fascinating still...