• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten best t-shirt lines

PHV

Reaction score
(Bradford @ May 21 2005,15:45) Picked up a great Velvet Revolver t-shirt today Â
biggrin.gif

Cool, didn't realize VR was touring right now. Â So out of it. Â Now *they* prove that old(er) guys can rock. Â How old is slash anyway? Â Duff is probably only about 30 or so, but I had the distinct idea that Slash was quite a bit older than the other G 'n' R members.
They're all late 30s. VR is kind of ruined in some ways. Way too many hipsters go their shows.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Unlike their name, I always considered CBGB a rock venue and nothing remotely close to country or bluegrass.
Well, the OMFUG takes care of that, right? Besides really am not a huge fan of the CMG part, so B OMFUG it is for me.
CBGB was "country blue grass and blues" before Television came in. Terry Ork was trying to find Richard Hell/LLoyd/Tom Verlaine a place to play and they couldn't get any other venues, the Dolls had the Mercer Arts Center and that was blowin up... so they basically said to Hilly "oh yea, we play uhh.. a little country and some blues and blue grass too," and from the first Television show, CBGB became the punk scene headquarters.. Patti Smith and The Ramones were the other big ones that brought punk rock to CBGB. It was never meant to be a punk rock venue but Hilly is a pretty chill guy and never really stopped it from becoming one. Props to anyone who knows who the first major punk rock figure to ******** with Richard Lloyd is. I make my own t-shirts, right now I'm working on a Johnny Thunders design... next is probably going to be Patti Smith (I have an Iggy Pop one that's done and I'm wearing it).

v0rtex

Reaction score
(v0rtex @ May 22 2005,11:51) Afrosaxon are local to me and produce some great designs. T-shirts are the usual Fruit of the Loom with the label cut out, hand-screened with designs by the owner of the company, Elvis. Website is a bit new, but contains a decent sample of his work. I love this design and have it on a hoodie, which I plan to replace as it's getting a bit worn. Also had this printed to specification recently.
Those are some cool designs.  How much is the stuff, and do you think that he would print on special 3 dots tees and  American Apparel hoodies if I sent the over to him (I'm particular, sue me.)
From his shop it's 15ukp (~$25) for t-shirts and 25ukp (~$40) for hoodies. He does print on customer-supplied garments, but I don't know if you get a discount for that, or what he charges for shipping. Very friendly guy working for himself rather than a big faceless company, so he'll probably be open to negotiations if you give him an e-mail/call on the details listed on the site. Say hello from Gareth if you do order
smile.gif

Charles Rogers

Reaction score
I wish I could find a Trovata T from a few seasons ago that said, "fetch my 4 Iron".

sam

Reaction score
FYI: all Threadless T's are currently $10.

dokomoy

Reaction score
(LA Guy @ May 21 2005,19:18)
Originally Posted by Bradford,May 21 2005,15:45
Picked up a great Velvet Revolver t-shirt today
biggrin.gif

Cool, didn't realize VR was touring right now. So out of it. Now *they* prove that old(er) guys can rock. How old is slash anyway? Duff is probably only about 30 or so, but I had the distinct idea that Slash was quite a bit older than the other G 'n' R members.
They're all late 30s. VR is kind of ruined in some ways. Way too many hipsters go their shows.
Not to derail but, unlike clothing, if you stop listening to a band or going to there concerts because the hipsters like them you've really gone to far. To make this post relevant I'm going to complain about all the idiots who wear Ramones/Misfits/Whatever shirts and don't know any of there music. I'm 19 years old, and despite the fact that I've listened to them and bands like them since I was about 5 people assume I'm some hipster idiot whe I wear those shirts.

Dill

Reaction score
I wish I could find a Trovata T from a few seasons ago that said, "fetch my 4 Iron".
That sounds awesome. I have the "I bet you can't even sail" tee.

Charles Rogers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charles Rogers,May 25 2005,16:06
That sounds awesome. I have the "I bet you can't even sail" tee.
You got that. Ahh, 48 is too steep for me to justify... Oh screw it, I'm just going to get it. -Update- Great, it's sold out at active endevors- any other spots where I can find it?

Twin85

Reaction score
I was at the new Barney's Co-op in Chicago on Halsted today and the had some great t-shirts. They had all of Trovata's new t-shirts and rogan's new t-shirts, but they are pretty pricey. They also had some great necklaces for men called miracle icons, does anyone have one of their peices? Also, they had a great line of jeans called Stitch, but for 300 dollars a pair I decided to pass.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this t-shirt from Morphine Generation... But then I noticed the stupid stupid premade holes in it... Premade holes in jeans I can sort of understand, but a couple of spins in the washing machine and this shirt's finished...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Twin85 @ May 27 2005,16:07) Also, they had a great line of jeans called Stitch, but for 300 dollars a pair I decided to pass.
Here they are for around 260- maybe there's a coupon floating around that can make it alittle less painful. http://www.revolveclothing.com/brand...tchsJeansM.jsp
There is a 30% off coupon for revolve right now on reesycakes.com. Personally, I think that Stitches is nothing special, and will fade into the woodwork like so many "premium denim" companies before it have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads