• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten best t-shirt lines

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
(orbitingio @ May 19 2005,14:40) Potentially worse is the "ironic D.A.R.E. T-shirt," which I thought had fallen by the wayside until I saw a couple the other day...
I actually don't think I've ever seen anybody wear a DARE tee ironicly. A lot of the people you see are probably edge.
What's a DARE shirt?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
It's all about the 'burbz. xElgin Youth Crewx breakin edge since '94, bitches.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
http://www.howsyouredge.com/edgebreak/index.php haha i know a few doodz on that list.....the best part is my buddy Ryan and Carry On doing their "official last show" in July. Â it's gonna kick ass but the irony of 2005-era Ryan singing 1999-era Carry On songs will be tremendous.
I wonder how many of those kids actually broke edge and how many are just being messed with by their buddies. I know a couple kids on the Illinois section whom I've got a hard time believing broke edge. But who knows. I also have a hard time believing anybody is actually true till death.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
(ken @ May 20 2005,00:25)
Originally Posted by orbitingio,May 19 2005,14:40
Potentially worse is the "ironic D.A.R.E. T-shirt," which I thought had fallen by the wayside until I saw a couple the other day...
I actually don't think I've ever seen anybody wear a DARE tee ironicly. A lot of the people you see are probably edge.
What's a DARE shirt?
Drug & Alcohol Resistance Education I believe. It's an anti-drug program geared toward children. Dan

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ironic heavy metal shirt is quite popular where I am. If you're not familiar with the trend, it is one in which emo kids and hipsters sport Pantera and Metallica shirts -- presumably because heavy metal is probably the polar opposite of their preferred music style. This trend provides me ample oppurtunity for fun. Being an extremely knowledgeable Metallica fan, I like to quiz the emo kids about them. But since I don't look like your typical heavy metal fan (come on, I'm Asian and I like vintage sneakers) I'm also able to quiz and surprise legitimate metal fans who naturally assume I'm just making fun of them.
ha, so the day after i read this, who do i see wearing said Metallica t-shirt...Kelly Clarkson, American Idol winner, on the front page of today's LA Times Calendar section. let's see...the article said she's 22...which would put her at about 3 years of age when Master of Puppets came out. too too funny. i expect a Damage Inc cover on her next album.

and yes, i'll be the first to admit that "Since U Been Gone" is a freakin' great tune.

-Jeff

Charles Rogers

Reaction score
Soo, I decided to make my own T-shirt. Went to a local sporting goods store and got "I've Done Better" in white on a navy t. I really like it. It's not about anyone in particular (I keep telling myself).

PeterMetro

Reaction score
My favorite are the CBGB and Ramones tees.  Hey bud, name one Ramones song, quick.  Also, what is the question to the following answer is "NYC club known for spotting young talent in the 80s'."  Coincidentally, had a friend who opened there recently.  Good break for her.
Or you could ask them what CBGB stands for - extra credit for OMFUG.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Picked up a great Velvet Revolver t-shirt today
biggrin.gif

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid question and thread hijack...
My favorite are the CBGB and Ramones tees. Hey bud, name one Ramones song, quick. Also, what is the question to the following answer is "NYC club known for spotting young talent in the 80s'." Coincidentally, had a friend who opened there recently. Good break for her.

Unlike their name, I always considered CBGB a rock venue and nothing remotely close to country or bluegrass.

"NYC club known for spotting young talent in the 80s'..."
How does Joe's Pub stack up to CBGB as a historical landmark? I like a lot of the people who play in the former, but have yet to see a show in the latter.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, the D.A.R.E. T-shirts are not being worn by straight edge people.

Although I remember in high school a few of the people who were seriously bent on any number of substances wore Straight Edge T-shirts for whatever reason.

Perhaps worse than all of the above is "I heart NY."

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unlike their name, I always considered CBGB a rock venue and nothing remotely close to country or bluegrass.

Well, the OMFUG takes care of that, right? Besides really am not a huge fan of the CMG part, so B OMFUG it is for me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a great Velvet Revolver t-shirt today Â
biggrin.gif
Cool, didn't realize VR was touring right now. So out of it. Now *they* prove that old(er) guys can rock. How old is slash anyway? Duff is probably only about 30 or so, but I had the distinct idea that Slash was quite a bit older than the other G 'n' R members.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Afrosaxon are local to me and produce some great designs. T-shirts are the usual Fruit of the Loom with the label cut out, hand-screened with designs by the owner of the company, Elvis. Website is a bit new, but contains a decent sample of his work. I love this design and have it on a hoodie, which I plan to replace as it's getting a bit worn. Also had this printed to specification recently.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afrosaxon are local to me and produce some great designs. T-shirts are the usual Fruit of the Loom with the label cut out, hand-screened with designs by the owner of the company, Elvis. Website is a bit new, but contains a decent sample of his work. I love this design and have it on a hoodie, which I plan to replace as it's getting a bit worn. Also had this printed to specification recently.
Those are some cool designs. How much is the stuff, and do you think that he would print on special 3 dots tees and American Apparel hoodies if I sent the over to him (I'm particular, sue me.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads