Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ten best t-shirt lines

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Twin85, May 18, 2005.

1. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

(orbitingio @ May 19 2005,14:40) Potentially worse is the "ironic D.A.R.E. T-shirt," which I thought had fallen by the wayside until I saw a couple the other day...
    I actually don't think I've ever seen anybody wear a DARE tee ironicly. A lot of the people you see are probably edge.
    What's a DARE shirt?

2. ken

ken Banned by Request

It's all about the 'burbz. xElgin Youth Crewx breakin edge since '94, bitches.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

http://www.howsyouredge.com/edgebreak/index.php haha i know a few doodz on that list.....the best part is my buddy Ryan and Carry On doing their "official last show" in July. it's gonna kick ass but the irony of 2005-era Ryan singing 1999-era Carry On songs will be tremendous.

4. ken

ken Banned by Request

I wonder how many of those kids actually broke edge and how many are just being messed with by their buddies. I know a couple kids on the Illinois section whom I've got a hard time believing broke edge. But who knows. I also have a hard time believing anybody is actually true till death.

5. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

(ken @ May 20 2005,00:25)
    Potentially worse is the "ironic D.A.R.E. T-shirt," which I thought had fallen by the wayside until I saw a couple the other day...
    I actually don't think I've ever seen anybody wear a DARE tee ironicly. A lot of the people you see are probably edge.
    What's a DARE shirt?
    Drug & Alcohol Resistance Education I believe. It's an anti-drug program geared toward children. Dan

6. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

ha, so the day after i read this, who do i see wearing said Metallica t-shirt...Kelly Clarkson, American Idol winner, on the front page of today's LA Times Calendar section. let's see...the article said she's 22...which would put her at about 3 years of age when Master of Puppets came out. too too funny. i expect a Damage Inc cover on her next album.

and yes, i'll be the first to admit that "Since U Been Gone" is a freakin' great tune.

-Jeff

7. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Senior member

Soo, I decided to make my own T-shirt. Went to a local sporting goods store and got "I've Done Better" in white on a navy t. I really like it. It's not about anyone in particular (I keep telling myself).

8. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

Or you could ask them what CBGB stands for - extra credit for OMFUG.

9. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Picked up a great Velvet Revolver t-shirt today [​IMG]

10. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Stupid question and thread hijack...
    Unlike their name, I always considered CBGB a rock venue and nothing remotely close to country or bluegrass.

"NYC club known for spotting young talent in the 80s'..."
    How does Joe's Pub stack up to CBGB as a historical landmark? I like a lot of the people who play in the former, but have yet to see a show in the latter.

11. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

No, the D.A.R.E. T-shirts are not being worn by straight edge people.

Although I remember in high school a few of the people who were seriously bent on any number of substances wore Straight Edge T-shirts for whatever reason.

Perhaps worse than all of the above is "I heart NY."

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, the OMFUG takes care of that, right? Besides really am not a huge fan of the CMG part, so B OMFUG it is for me.

13. LA Guy

Cool, didn't realize VR was touring right now. So out of it. Now *they* prove that old(er) guys can rock. How old is slash anyway? Duff is probably only about 30 or so, but I had the distinct idea that Slash was quite a bit older than the other G 'n' R members.

14. v0rtex

v0rtex Senior member

Afrosaxon are local to me and produce some great designs. T-shirts are the usual Fruit of the Loom with the label cut out, hand-screened with designs by the owner of the company, Elvis. Website is a bit new, but contains a decent sample of his work. I love this design and have it on a hoodie, which I plan to replace as it's getting a bit worn. Also had this printed to specification recently.

15. LA Guy

Those are some cool designs. How much is the stuff, and do you think that he would print on special 3 dots tees and American Apparel hoodies if I sent the over to him (I'm particular, sue me.)