• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten best jeans

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... from your pictures, your posts about your height, and your personal preferences, I would say that a pair of basic Diesels is probably not a bad way for you to go.
I did like the medium to lighter colors, gonna try to find them tomorrow, but a question according to my height and my picture, what size do you think I am?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said that you were a 32, but jean sizes are variable. In the Rabox, if you are a true 32, a 32 should fit you. If you take a 32 pant in most American designers, you will probably need a 33 or even a 34. If you are going with the Rolan, the 32 will probably still fit you. You probably need a 30 or 32 inseam.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all right, I had a quick look at Printemps today, (for our american friends, it's PPR department store, right in the middle of Paris where you find all sorts of designer brands) :
- helmut lang "low waist contour fit" vintage denim are 185 euros
- 7 are 220 euros
- basic rabox diesel starts at 150 euros
- PDC LTD are 205 euros (side note : amazing denim feel)
- nudie are 140 euros (washed)

Luc

sam

Reaction score
Are PDC's more popular on coasts? I was talking to the menswear rep at Saks today (Detroit area) and he said they're pulling the line because it doesn't sell well. The sales rep at NM said they may also. Apparently, they want to make more room for Seven and Chip and Pepper. Go figure.

In fact, I hardly see anyone here wearing them. Definitely not when going out, and maybe once a week on the street.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone wants Earnest Sewn Hutch in the Dark wash and lives near Detroit, the NM Last Call at Great Lakes Crossing has them in sizes 33 and 34 (two pairs each) for $79.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Are PDC's more popular on coasts? I was talking to the menswear rep at Saks today (Detroit area) and he said they're pulling the line because it doesn't sell well. The sales rep at NM said they may also. Apparently, they want to make more room for Seven and Chip and Pepper. Go figure. In fact, I hardly see anyone here wearing them. Definitely not when going out, and maybe once a week on the street. Edit: Oh, and if anyone wants Earnest Sewn Hutch in the Dark wash and lives near Detroit, the NM Last Call at Great Lakes Crossing has them in sizes 33 and 34 (two pairs each) for $79.
No idea why anyone would want Seven over PDC. Sounds like people in Detroit are crack smokers.
sarcasm.gif
Luc, I decided that I'm going to start up a new business. Buy Sevens here for $120-$150, then sell them for like 180 euros in France on a street corner and make some serious cash.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luc, I decided that I'm going to start up a new business. Buy Sevens here for $120-$150, then sell them for like 180 euros in France on a street corner and make some serious cash.
No Brian, that would be dishonest. You should believe in your product. I actually like *some* Seven jeans. So I'll do this (and make an even bigger margin the the UK, where the prices are about 200 pounds sterling, seriously). You, on the other hand, can buy Nudies and sell them over in Europe for a loss
smile.gif

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, the ola bootcut in raw denim was 99 euros. I guess it was what is called raw denim, since it was just that dark greyish blue thing with no wash at all. Do these shrink when washed for the first time ?

edit : having looked at the site, it's the "dry" model.

Luc

Brian SD

Reaction score
Actually, the ola bootcut in raw denim was 99 euros. I guess it was what is called raw denim, since it was just that dark greyish blue thing with no wash at all. Do these shrink when washed for the first time ?

Luc
A little bit, yes. The denim is stretched and sanforized so that they shrink as little as possible, however. 2-5% (usually only 2%).

Brian SD

Reaction score
Red Monkey jeans:

I read about these guys in the FADER. They do some wacky stuff (odd "silver wave" sewing on the back pockets, fraying stitches on the seams). Apparently their denim is rope-dyed, and the only place you can get their jeans at the moment is Fred Segal LA. I'll let you guys what they're like if I go up to FS tomorrow, which I'm planning to do. The picture in the fader makes them look like theyre unwashed, but I'll have to see in the flesh.

benchan

Reaction score
Red Monkey jeans
I think I have posted pics of those jeans a few times before. It is a brand from Hong Kong. The jeans are produced in Japan though, and have some linkage with the Evisus brand.
gerrard1984-img600x450-1111798675hei_1985_img600x450_110917433120050221_004_.jpg

Brian SD

Reaction score
I am quite certain that there is a less embellished style. Perhaps that Take5 store in Hong Kong sells them, but from the looks of the article I read, the only place to cop a pair is Fred Segal.

modsquad

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear those to a dog fight, much less pay what Fred Segal wants for them.

Brian SD

Reaction score
BTW, you can buy Made-In-USA Levis Shrink-To-Fits right here. for 20 pounds. It's in limited supply, from my understanding, but the quality and fit is far superior to the newer ones (made in Mexico being the better of the newer ones).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads