• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten best jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Brian, I am about 70% convinced to order a pair of the APCs you linked (standard). How do they fit once washed? And how low is the rise?

And where can one find the Uniqlos in the US, or at least in English? Maybe I will wait to look at them in Japan in May.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who carries Corpus Jeans?

Fred Segal/HTC in LA, and Stels in Boston just got a shipment. They have the Morhy in the crinkle wash for $215, and the Fine (straightleg) in the raw denim, for $185. The summer line (brand new stuff) is all in 12 ounce denim. I am willing to pick them up for you if you PM your size and paypal me the price plus 5.5% tax (they are over $150) plus about $10 for shipping (if in US) and T-tickets (I have to get down there) plus the 4% paypal gouge. Comes out to just over $205, I think.

Your choice, either way

mrprlover

Reaction score
LA.
You surprised me by not having Helmut Lang on the list. You've always been a big fan since back in the days (when I used to post, about a yr. ago).

Guess you've moved onto Nudie and others...

e

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Brian, I am about 70% convinced to order a pair of the APCs you linked (standard). How do they fit once washed? And how low is the rise? And where can one find the Uniqlos in the US, or at least in English? Maybe I will wait to look at them in Japan in May.
Didn't mean to be confusing - anyone could answer this question.
smile.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The New Standards have about an 10.5 inch rise, and fit great. Shrinkage (as long as you are cold washing them and hang drying them) is a couple of percent, tops. Buy em. They rock. I personally like the Anglaise fit better myself, but that's myself.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j,Feb. 25 2005,08:35
Brian, I am about 70% convinced to order a pair of the APCs you linked (standard). How do they fit once washed? And how low is the rise? And where can one find the Uniqlos in the US, or at least in English? Maybe I will wait to look at them in Japan in May.
Didn't mean to be confusing - anyone could answer this question.
smile.gif

The rise is a pretty solid medium, I would say. Much lower than 501s, but higher than PDC GTO or Diesel Zathan. j, the best I can think of would be online UK retailers, but I tried doing some searches and cannot find any online stores with them. A friend of mine bought them in Japan so that's how I've seen them. I highly recommend that you pick up a pair when you go to Japan. My friend's mother is bringing me home a pair when she gets back in a couple weeks.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Excellent, thank you both. Sounds just about right for what I'm looking for. As to the Uniqlos - source in US? Should I plan to bring some back with me in May?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
j.,

If you see dark washes (rigid or semi) in the Uniqlos in heavy denim (say 13.25 ounces and above) count me in for a couple of pairs, size 33. I like a true straightleg, but prefer a slight bootcut. If no 33 available, and the cut is true to size, just one pair, in 34. I hate tight jeans.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
j.,

If you see dark washes (rigid or semi) in the Uniqlos in heavy denim (say 13.25 ounces and above) count me in for a couple of pairs, size 33.  I like a true straightleg, but prefer a slight bootcut.  If no 33 available, and the cut is true to size, just one pair, in 34.  I hate tight jeans.
I will have to remember to bring my scale. I'll see what I can do, PM me or email with as much info as you can get from the website so I can be sure to get it right.

Brian SD

Reaction score
for uniqlos, refer to my edited post.
Still in Japanese Brian. I just nearly ordered a pair of kids jeans, damn you. Please repost the link (just do a new post) for the site in English.
Haha, well the Japanese site is good for pictures and not much else, although with limited knowledge of Japanese I was able to decipher some parts (mostly things like "serubaji denimu" - selvage denim). I dont think there is a single place online to find really detailed information about Uniqlos. they have a UK site http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/, but it doesn't even mention men's jeans.

mrprlover

Reaction score
Speaking of tight jeans, Im starting to shy away from my Sevens. They are getting a little tight, especially now that Ive gotten back into cycling and soccer. When I first bought them they were very comfy. I don't like baggy jeans though.

Any suggestions? Or should I stick with my HLs?

e

Brian SD

Reaction score
Speaking of tight jeans, Im starting to shy away from my Sevens. They are getting a little tight, especially now that Ive gotten back into cycling and soccer. When I first bought them they were very comfy. I don't like baggy jeans though.

Any suggestions? Or should I stick with my HLs?

e
I don't know that I consider sevens to be very tight, to be honest. On most men that I've seen there is a huge imbalance between the cut in the different areas (thighs which are tight, seat, which is saggy and bubbly, and calves which are very loose).

Definitely try PDC, it's the same sort of goal as Sevens (lightweight, comfortable denim, modern fit with a visible boot cut), but the cut is much more balanced, and the seat is better constructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads