Ten best jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Like with all good jeans, as infrequently as hygiene allows, inside out, and with a soft detergent.  Hand wash if not too lazy (I often am).  

Best online price for Da'mage: workmen.com.  About $40 cheaper then anywhere else.

2. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Barney's stocks Loomstate. Never tried them, but they didn't strike me as that great. They are 100% organic cotton though. So I think that's there biggest selling point.

Dan

3. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Senior member

Workmen.com turns out to be an electrican website: "

Seeking interested parties, with contacts, cash, and good credit to start an electrical contracting company in the Chicago Metropolitan Area.

Have 25 years experience of electrical installation, maintenance and service of high end residential, commercial, industrial and institutional customers.

May consider partnering with a established company."

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Uniqlo Jeans. You simply *can not* beat them for the price. Superb denim quality, unwashed, tough denim with double selvage, and only $50 retail.

5. LA Guy

Sorry, workmens.com. BTW, Charles, you owe me $30 of those $40 savings for the crack. PM me for my paypal info. Or I'll send the Triad after you, as Styleman insinuated once.

6. LA Guy

For Nudie, www.zoovillage.com. You'll need a European friend's help. Still cheaper than buying them here, even with shipping.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

That was another really strange aspect of Styleman's postings on that thread.  What is a member of the British upper class doing with Chinese gangsters?

8. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Senior member

I've seen Rush Hour 2; triads are not to be trifled with- PM sent.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

(LA Guy @ Feb. 24 2005,16:38) Or I'll send the Triad after you, as Styleman insinuated once.
    That was another really strange aspect of Styleman's postings on that thread. What is a member of the British upper class doing with Chinese gangsters?
    Please, can we keep this one not-Styleman related? These longer jean threads seem to be few and far between, would be a shame to see it turn into another cheap laugh thread.

10. spatten

spatten Senior member

Subtle Hijack:

Any designer denim advice for a man with large muscular cyclist/dancer thighs (ie 27" circ.) ? I laughingly remember trying on 10+ pair of jeans in NM and not even being able to put my leg in.

I have also had trouble finding anything that doesn't sit low. Low rise looks pretty horrible on someone with small waist and large hips/thigs.

I have tried going up a size or two and then the waist is crazy. Normal baggy fit Levi's fit me pretty well and don't even really look baggy....

Bespoke jeans?

Thanks,
    Scott

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

The larger your thighs are, the more youre gonna want a boot cut to even out your the cut. Don't wear Sevens.

12. cest_vrai

cest_vrai Member

How does the JP Da'mage sizing run? I noticed on worksmen.com that they only come in sizes 32, 34... However, I normally wear 33, so what size would people suggest I buy? I think the 32 would probably be fine, but I just want to check. Thanks.

13. LA Guy

Depends. If you wear a 33 Paper Denim, go with the 34. If you wear 33 in GStar, go with the 32. I use the 33 Da'mage and wear Paper Denim either 32 (LTD) or 33 (nearly every other cut), but I tend to like my jeans to sit fairly low on my hips. I also fit into GStar 33 thouhg - the low boot cut, which is quite slim. I guess it depends how you want this pair of jeans to fit.

14. Rbaalrajhi

Rbaalrajhi Well-Known Member

Jean not good to wear. Better for to wear nice suit.

15. demeis

demeis Senior member

Where does Edwin fall into the mix? I recently picked up a pair of there jeans and love them more than any other pair i own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.