• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tempura Sushi

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
You only have 161 posts under your belt, perhaps you haven't been around long enough to notice that I don't follow any rules... not even my own. That being said, I don't think I called you out on pizza snobbery, I think I called you out because you said something dumb, like "I'm not going to read the 9 previous pages of this thread , but here's my opinion, and if it wasn't already mentioned, you guys are all idiots" or something along those lines.
smile.gif
And then you tried to defend your dumb post by saying that there were two (gasp!) mentions of Dominos pizza which would then somehow make all the other useful information in the thread which you are too lazy to read, irrelevant. I then had to correct you on the Dominos pizza thing, seeing as there was only one mention of it up until that point, which you would have known, had you read the thread. Starting to ring a bell?

simply replying "yes" certainly would have taken you much less time and made you look far less silly.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Goddamnit you all...now I'm hungry for Japanese food and there's nowhere to get any in Cairo!!!!

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Goddamnit you all...now I'm hungry for Japanese food and there's nowhere to get any in Cairo!!!!

Que down-tempo trombone music (the one that goes wa wa waaan)

Its tough to find real Japanese food (short of making it myself) around these parts too. I guess there is a good place out in Airway Hights but I don't want to drive all the way out there. Most of the Japanese restaurants around here are Korean owned. Funny, I have been quoted as to saying "what kind of douche orders a bud light at a Japanese restaurant with Kirin, Asahi, and Sapporo available" only to turn around and see some table full of amjacks just getting their round of BL.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I agree, I find American cheese, especially Velveeta, to be much more palatable than its european counterparts. I bet those troglodites still use real animal milk! How barbaric!

How can you claim to "love" sushi in one breath, and then advocate its being battered and deep fried? This seems counterintuitive. Being tempura battered and fried RUINS sushi.

Are you american? You're american.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
simply replying "yes" certainly would have taken you much less time and made you look far less silly.
The answer was not "yes", which you would understand if you bothered to read any of my post. You really should learn how to read, I hear that its a great life skill to have. Talk about ME looking silly all you want, but being wrong all the time about what people have written, especially when its right in front of your face isn't doing you any favors in the credibility department either. I clearly outlined what I "called you out" on. None of which happened to be "pizza snobbery". Laziness, and just being plain wrong, yes. But snobbery, no. Never mentioned it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Are you american? You're american.

Is this a question? Yes, this is a question.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Is this a question? Yes, this is a question.
It starts out as a question. But then later on in the post I get real and show I'm simply making a statement. A statement of how how sure I am that you're not Japanese. (I am quite sure) Got it?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It starts out as a question. But then later on in the post I get real and show I'm simply making a statement. A statement of how how sure I am that you're not Japanese. (I am quite sure) Got it?
How would you quantify "not Japanese"? Technically speaking, I believe that I am one of the most "Japanese" members on this forum. There are perhaps one or two full blooded Japanese people here that out-*** me, but they aren't nearly as prolific as I am. I've always hoped that this would make up for my shame in being a halfie. Non-literally, I think ratboycom is more "Japanese" than I am. Even though he's white. Being Japanese is sort of complex.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-literally, I think ratboycom is more "Japanese" than I am. Even though he's white. Being Japanese is sort of complex.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... ha

Its funny, one of my Japanese friends said about the same thing, I feel almost ashamed, like I unintentionally became a weeaboo. ****, I could even make more uniformly round Takoyaki than my friend Yuko who is from OSAKA! Of course I gave her **** for it, saying "Oh, look at this, a white American guy can make better Takoyaki than a Japanese girl from Osaka. Dasai!"

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I was asking if you are born of natural japanese parents, nothing more.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was asking if you are born of natural japanese parents, nothing more.

Ah, well... I was born of one naturally Japanese parent, and one natrually Scotch-Irish-American parent.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I eat at Benihana at least once a week. I don't know if that means I like Japanese food, and frankly, I don't give a crap what it means, but that hibachi filet mignon is seriously good and I love the rice and noodles. I find Chinese, Thai, Malaysian, Korean, and Indian (yep, I've tried them all), to be disgusting in general.

Brian SD

Reaction score
There was one thing that a couple Japanese friends of mine give me **** about being more Japanese than them on...

Oh yea. All my Japanese friends hate Uni, but I love it. I have no desire to become more Japanese, myself, although Japan is my ethnicity of choice in my goal to become multi-lingual and cultured. I figure with the way things are going now I might land a Japanese girlfriend or two someday, but I wish to retain my hairy, white, whiskey-drinkin roots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads