• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tellason Denim?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of the this brand?

I tried on a pair at lunch at AB Fits in the North Beach.

Cone denim, made in SF, limited edition, nice low(er) rise and slim fit, under 200 bucks.

Also, called the Strummer, which is cool, if somewhat predictable. Topper Headon needs some **** named after him.

Tellason Denim: http://tellason.com/

JSTF

Reaction score
i just came across this on the blackbird site. it's just under $200 at $198.

a friend of mine who has seen it in person says that on a 32, the hem's around 8". thigh is 12, and the inseam 34. selvedge outseam and coin pocket.

anyone else?

Crazy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yeah nothing great about it ... other than being limited to 240.

With blackbird's 10% SF discount (still in action?) these are priced to compete with 3Sixteen. Both have nice features for the priceas well. Tellason with the Tanner Goods leather patches, Cone Mills White Oak 13.5 oz selvedge denim, bar tacks, donut buttons, and hammered rivets, and 3Sixteen with it's 14oz Kaihara selvedge, and gunmetal custom rivets.

Trendy Sing Sing

Reaction score
The 8 pictures on the site are pretty, but for under 200 I'd rather kop APC, 3sisteen, etc.

Astronaut888

Reaction score
Any new input on this brand.

I find them interesting.

Considering a pair of the Mellors, but also interested in Left Field Broken Twills. Don't need both

marg

Reaction score
Low rise front but the back rise is high enough that you won't go plumber when you bend over. These offer the best cut for me. I've had the jgm in 12.5oz for about 10 months and a ladbroke in 14.75 waiting to be broken in.

My JGM is soft and broken in, but fades are just starting to appear because my employer requires business attire. Try them - you will be surprised.

domyen

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a pair.
They seem like great everyday denim. Nothing fancy, but sometimes you don't really want that.
Contrary to the pictures on their website, the fit is quite good.

Astronaut888

Reaction score

Low rise front but the back rise is high enough that you won't go plumber when you bend over. These offer the best cut for me. I've had the jgm in 12.5oz for about 10 months and a ladbroke in 14.75 waiting to be broken in.

My JGM is soft and broken in, but fades are just starting to appear because my employer requires business attire. Try them - you will be surprised.

Some of the photos seem to make the back pockets look large.

Is this the case?
Don't wanna make the same mistake I made w/ my KMWs - comically huge back pockets

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the JGM's that have been sitting in my closet unworn most of the summer because it's been too warm for denim. I need to get them hemmed before I really start wearing them (I'm on the shorter side and massive stacks are just not my style) and breaking them in but the few times I've put them on and just worn them around the house I've been really impressed with the fabric and quality.

Astronaut888

Reaction score

man.
these pockets look dangerously close to KMW territory.

can't imagine these wouldn't look comically huge on my narrow ass.

Hate it, cause I like this brand - Made in USA etc...........

gonna have to go w/ the Left Fields.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads