• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tell me if this would be overtraining

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wtf happened here? i don't use the internet on weekdays so i can focus on my gpa...

anyway..
here's my routine:

day 1-

every exercise is 3x12

bench press
lat pullback
machine flys
trap raise
triceps
shoulder press
curls

Day 2:

every exercise is 3x12

squats
calves
deadlifts
quadricep machine
hamstring machine
abs

what do you guys think about doing days 1 and 2 consecutively, then taking one day of rest?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Welcome back. Did we take care of the place for ya?
fight[1].gif

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
^^ Welcome back. Did we take care of the place for ya?
fight[1].gif

i said no house parties and mr. sprinkles looks emaciated
boxing[1].gif

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to develop strength/not be skinny.

i'm 6'3" 175 lbs

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
That program won't do it.

you're probably right... i feel like i'm doing too many isolation exercises and i really should be focusing on compound movements.

Look at Cressey's book - Maximum Strength.

do i really have to read a book? what's the basis of his program?

beasty

Reaction score
I believe Cutler got his start as a pegboy for the older IFBB bodybuilders, so it's appropriate language for a young padawan.

lefty

You spreading your unfounded rumours again?
Even if its true, so what?
Many of the professional sumo champions got their starts from being errand boys of then sumo champions.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
wtf happened here? i don't use the internet on weekdays so i can focus on my gpa...

anyway..
here's my routine:

day 1-

every exercise is 3x12

bench press
lat pullback
machine flys
trap raise
triceps
shoulder press
curls

Day 2:

every exercise is 3x12

squats
calves
deadlifts
quadricep machine
hamstring machine
abs

what do you guys think about doing days 1 and 2 consecutively, then taking one day of rest?

That means you are training legs and your major upper body part every 3 days.
Obviously if you are really training hard, you will get fatigue real soon.
If you are not training hard (and why the hell not?), you can do that routine but your gain would be minimal.

Your upper body workout should use incline bench, bent over rows, military shoulder presses, universal bar shrugs, close grip bench and barbell curls.
But if you want to do it properly, you would be exhausted before you even do your shrugs.

You should train all out all the time. It is no excuse to do your routine 3 X 12 sets especially if you got 1 or 2 years training under your belt. You should use advance techniques all the time like supersets, forced sets etc.

In short, your split is wrong. You should workout your bodyparts in 3 workouts and work out each bodypart once a week or 6 days.

BTW at your height, you should be 200 to 220 pounds easy peasy.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
The most amusing thing about The Imaginaut are his strange, childish, but often-repeated terms of art. "Male boobies" (seriously, I don't think The Imaginaut has ever once said "pec" or "pectoral" unless he was using the name of a specific exercise), "balls to the wall".... It's like watching a five year old overuse a phrase he heard from his older brother. If you put him on ignore, you're missing half the fun.

You are an idiot as well. You are one of those morons who miss substance over form.

beasty

Reaction score
you're probably right... i feel like i'm doing too many isolation exercises and i really should be focusing on compound movements.

You got that right! I dont know why you want to do machine flyes. If you wanna do flyes, do dumb flyes which stretches and strengthen your breasts than cable crossovers.

Doing one thousand arm exercises like triceps extension, preacher machine etc etc are of less use. Just do close grip bench and barbell curls like what I have advised you and go all out and your arms will be so full of blood, that will do.

When you do full body splits, then you can do more than those 2 arms exercises but those should always be your main core competencies to bulk up the arms.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. Since you posted a mostly worthless program you have to read a whole book. With small type. Or are you looking for someone to sprinkle magic dust on you? lefty P.S. Are you actually asking what the basis of a program called Maximum Strength is?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
You spreading your unfounded rumours again?
Even if its true, so what?
Many of the professional sumo champions got their starts from being errand boys of then sumo champions.

It's one thing for a young rikishi to serve up chankonabe to the higher ranked sumotori in his stable and another to oil up and make yourself available.

lefty

beasty

Reaction score
It's one thing for a young rikishi to serve up chankonabe to the higher ranked sumotori in his stable and another to oil up and make yourself available.

lefty

Unfounded rumours! There is no reason for you to assume IFBB pros to be engaged in homosexual activities.
Many are happily married or divorced to be with another. Woman of course!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads