• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about WAXED COTTON JACKETS

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yes Fred Perry has it, on the first page of Ltd edition, but it doesnt say it's the waxed harrington but it is (I forget where I got this info from tho).....however it costs $350 + shipping so it aint cheap

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks, GS. I just couldn't find the shop option on there before. I think the black harrington is the same one I saw - although no mention of it being waxed and the sizing is SMLXL rather than chest size. Hmm. I wish that site had more info and photos.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Noah waxed cotton jackets and a Rag & Bone one that I'm waiting to break out

Alex Roest

Reaction score
Hello Jason,

I see my latest article has possibly influenced you to go all the way
smile.gif

Enjoyed reading this discussion a lot too. The only thing I've got to add is that I also like this item :

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/shop.ph...et/p_1442.html

For those interested, I'm referring to this piece :

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/...and-its-merits

Cheers,

Alex

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alex Roest
Hello Jason,

I see my latest article has possibly influenced you to go all the way
smile.gif

Enjoyed reading this discussion a lot too. The only thing I've got to add is that I also like this item :

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/shop.ph...et/p_1442.html

For those interested, I'm referring to this piece :

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/...and-its-merits

Cheers,

Alex

Hey Alex! Good to see you drop in here again....yea your article came out at the same time these jackets came onto my radar so there was definitely a mindsynch going on

Originally Posted by berlin report
Wha? Are you coming to europe? Where? When?? I keeel you if you don't drop by Brrrlin.
bounce2.gif

BR...yea man we're in Rome, Paris, London for a whirlwind 2 week trip....no Berlin
frown.gif
I know my fiancee (as well as me) would love to go to Germany since she was born there. I have friends in Sweden who i'd love to see as well but there's barely enough time for us to catch up with our friends in London & Rome
frown.gif

Reaction score
Earlier, I carelessly posted about my Barbour Beaufort not being quite warm enough for the coldest weather, forgetting that there are different weights for the waxed cotton. The Beaufort is a medium-weight. A coat like the Northumbria uses heavy-weight; I handled a coworkers Northumbria and it had the heft of a sack of potatoes. It could handle Northeast Winters without problems.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
Is it literally waxed, and does the waxing melt off if put near heat?

from what I've read the answer is probably yes, since it's advised not to wear in an upholstered vehicle since you could leave wax residue if the temps are too high

Barbour has a FAQ that is informative

Reaction score
Yes, it is literally waxed. They sell the wax so that you can reapply it yourself, if sending it back to Barbour for rewaxing is an issue.

And I have read about using a hair dryer to make any stray marks on the wax finish disappear.

petng

Reaction score
Hey Jason

Which site did you get the international from.

BTW. I have 2 belstaff Trailmasters and they look better with wear.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder about the sizing on that page Get smart... is it US or EU? I know the Barbours Ive tried on where euro sized (i was a 52), but that would make 34 reallyreally small... On the other hand, if they are US sized, 52 would be like XXXXL..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads