• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tell me about Vibram Cristy soles

DC Office Hack

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
318
Reaction score
27
This came up in the thread on Oak Street oxfords, which offer a choice of camp sole v. cristy sole. I thought the discussion should be opened up given that cristy soles are now turning up everywhere and on everything. Pros? Cons? Comfort? Durability?
 

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
4,151
Reaction score
50
Originally Posted by DC Office Hack
Um, I have google too. I was hoping for something other than Vibram ad copy. Perhaps impressions based on people's experience with the stuff?
like ive mentioned in the oak street thread ... both soles will work well. the camp sole is a little lighter in weight and provides a better profile and is the best sole for oxfords, at least in my opinion. the vibram sole is a work sole of sorts. if your going to be wearing them in winter weather this sole is better at keeping water out because of how it is attached. but its a chunkier sole. its not hard, just get whichever one you like
if you have the means just get both!
 

DC Office Hack

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
318
Reaction score
27
Originally Posted by whatever123

its not hard, just get whichever one you like
if you have the means just get both!


If only...

Setting aside the camp sole comparo, though, I'm really interested in the cristy for its own sake since I now see it everywhere. Vibram must be selling them as fast as they can make them. Are there good reasons behind the fad, or is it just a fad? I had never really noticed them before except on plain working boots.
 

DC Office Hack

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
318
Reaction score
27
Originally Posted by DC Office Hack
If only...

Setting aside the camp sole comparo, though, I'm really interested in the cristy for its own sake since I now see it everywhere. Vibram must be selling them as fast as they can make them. Are there good reasons behind the fad, or is it just a fad? I had never really noticed them before except on plain working boots.


For example:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=4186019
 

Goldlion

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
can anyone kindly point to me where to purchase these outsoles online?

tried google but nothing came up except for this one seller on ebay with close to 200 neg feedbacks.

or is anyone willing to proxy, i'll be more than happy. these soles are absolutely non-existent in my country.
 

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
4,151
Reaction score
50
Originally Posted by Goldlion
can anyone kindly point to me where to purchase these outsoles online?

tried google but nothing came up except for this one seller on ebay with close to 200 neg feedbacks.

or is anyone willing to proxy, i'll be more than happy. these soles are absolutely non-existent in my country.


lol, yeah ... try vibram for the christy and amazonas for the camp/boat sole.
 

tarheel07

Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
I saw this post and was wondering how the cobbler attaches the Cristy Sole...glue? Welting? Thanks
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
426,997
Messages
9,189,727
Members
193,016
Latest member
Vikramsthakur

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top