• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

tell me about shakes

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
I've moved from an all engineering company to lead programmer for a marketing firm.... I've quickly noticed everyone is the 1% fit and for the men only take a liquid lunch.

I may be an engineer but I am (only) 15 pounds from my ideal fighting weight. I lead a very active lifestyle but I've never done anything you would consider structured exercise. I've also never given the slightest consideration to my diet. I am completely indifferent to how I fulfill nutritional requirements as long as it is filling.... So I am curious on this shake routine.

JDMFanatic

Reaction score
I wouldn't use shakes to replace meals altogether, just take a whey (broscience prefers this) or any protein shake after your workouts, and maybe a casein shake before bedtime. However, you have to remember that shakes are only a supplement. They don't make up for good nutrition from real meals. If you're not really watching your diet, these shakes will not magically transform your diet into a better one.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lately, I've been too busy for lunch, so I just drink a protein shake. I find this to be better than the almonds and other fat and sugar laden snacks I was eating.

Last edited:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I could replace food with just a shake as a meal during the day. I don't feel like they fill me up at all. The only time I'll have a protein shake is if I'm needing to make up my protein without the time to eat a meal.

JDMFanatic

Reaction score

Lately, I've been too busy for lunch, so I just drink a protein shake. I find this to be better than the almonds and other fat and sugar laden snacks I was eating.

almonds are a great snack

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I am curious on this shake routine.

but in all srsns, if youre trying to lose weight, i wouldnt recommend drinking your calories unless you have no other choice; even though protein is the most satiating macro, shakes just arent filling enough, especially on reduced calories.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 119 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%