1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

tell me about shakes

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MrGoodBytes, Mar 25, 2012.

1. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

I've moved from an all engineering company to lead programmer for a marketing firm.... I've quickly noticed everyone is the 1% fit and for the men only take a liquid lunch.

I may be an engineer but I am (only) 15 pounds from my ideal fighting weight. I lead a very active lifestyle but I've never done anything you would consider structured exercise. I've also never given the slightest consideration to my diet. I am completely indifferent to how I fulfill nutritional requirements as long as it is filling.... So I am curious on this shake routine.

2. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use shakes to replace meals altogether, just take a whey (broscience prefers this) or any protein shake after your workouts, and maybe a casein shake before bedtime. However, you have to remember that shakes are only a supplement. They don't make up for good nutrition from real meals. If you're not really watching your diet, these shakes will not magically transform your diet into a better one.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Lately, I've been too busy for lunch, so I just drink a protein shake. I find this to be better than the almonds and other fat and sugar laden snacks I was eating.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  4. gort

gort Senior member

I don't think I could replace food with just a shake as a meal during the day. I don't feel like they fill me up at all. The only time I'll have a protein shake is if I'm needing to make up my protein without the time to eat a meal.

5. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

almonds are a great snack

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yeah, they are, but I find myself eating a whole bag all at once.

7. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

[​IMG]

but in all srsns, if youre trying to lose weight, i wouldnt recommend drinking your calories unless you have no other choice; even though protein is the most satiating macro, shakes just arent filling enough, especially on reduced calories.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012