tell me about shakes

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MrGoodBytes, Mar 25, 2012.

1. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

I've moved from an all engineering company to lead programmer for a marketing firm.... I've quickly noticed everyone is the 1% fit and for the men only take a liquid lunch.

I may be an engineer but I am (only) 15 pounds from my ideal fighting weight. I lead a very active lifestyle but I've never done anything you would consider structured exercise. I've also never given the slightest consideration to my diet. I am completely indifferent to how I fulfill nutritional requirements as long as it is filling.... So I am curious on this shake routine.

2. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use shakes to replace meals altogether, just take a whey (broscience prefers this) or any protein shake after your workouts, and maybe a casein shake before bedtime. However, you have to remember that shakes are only a supplement. They don't make up for good nutrition from real meals. If you're not really watching your diet, these shakes will not magically transform your diet into a better one.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Lately, I've been too busy for lunch, so I just drink a protein shake. I find this to be better than the almonds and other fat and sugar laden snacks I was eating.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

4. gort

gort Senior member

I don't think I could replace food with just a shake as a meal during the day. I don't feel like they fill me up at all. The only time I'll have a protein shake is if I'm needing to make up my protein without the time to eat a meal.

5. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

almonds are a great snack

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yeah, they are, but I find myself eating a whole bag all at once.

7. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

[​IMG]

but in all srsns, if youre trying to lose weight, i wouldnt recommend drinking your calories unless you have no other choice; even though protein is the most satiating macro, shakes just arent filling enough, especially on reduced calories.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012