• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about Red Moon wallets

Goblin

Reaction score
I love the ones I've seen, but I can't find them online and know nothing about them, although I suspect that they are prohibitively expensive for me. A few questions.

1. What's the deal? I.e., where do you get them, how much are they, what makes them worth the money? Pics would be awesome, have only seen a few.
2. If one is going for that look but doesn't want to pay a ridiculous price, are there cheaper knockoffs? I'm pretty rough on wallets anyway.

Thanks!

Reaction score
The RM website is a good place to start. The HR01A is the flagship. Don't underestimate the size of these wallets. You will have to frequently insist "it is not a tumor"-------seriously big, especially the button. The button, incidentally, is german silver. Very shiny. The wallet is saddle leather; I'd advise getting the undyed leather------the color change is like watching the sun set over a bovine sea of flesh; it turns into a beautiful caramel color------like that City High track. YKK zipper. Specify grommet if you intend to use a RM leather braid. Worth the money-----though I can't really afford it.

minya

Reaction score
I've made handmade knockoffs in the past -- let me know if you want one ($80).

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
The RM website is a good place to start.

The HR01A is the flagship. Don't underestimate the size of these wallets. You will have to frequently insist "it is not a tumor"-------seriously big, especially the button. The button, incidentally, is german silver. Very shiny. The wallet is saddle leather; I'd advise getting the undyed leather------the color change is like watching the sun set over a bovine sea of flesh; it turns into a beautiful caramel color------like that City High track. YKK zipper. Specify grommet if you intend to use a RM leather braid.

Worth the money-----though I can't really afford it.

Oh noes. Are you selling my wallet?

And yes, they're beautiful, huge wallets and I'm actually thinking of purchasing another one after selling mine to ddml on a whim.
crazy.gif

truestorytravis

Reaction score
Don't underestimate the size of these wallets. You will have to frequently insist "it is not a tumor"-------seriously big, especially the button.

If the real Red Moons break in like the knock-offs, size will become less of an issue as you use the wallet. Mine (knock-off) seems to have broken in a bit and is now less tumor-like. Still large as wallets go, but not uncomfortable or holy-crap-that-wallet-is-enormous large.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by truestorytravis
If the real Red Moons break in like the knock-offs, size will become less of an issue as you use the wallet. Mine (knock-off) seems to have broken in a bit and is now less tumor-like. Still large as wallets go, but not uncomfortable or holy-crap-that-wallet-is-enormous large.

they do break in quite nice, had mine for 2 months now and it fits nicely in all my jeans, minus the kohzo's which have the smallest pockets in all jeans i have ever owned..

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I'd definitely like to find out where I can get a cheaper knock off aswell, any info appreciated

xcoldricex

Reaction score
little late on the game eh? i provided red moons and knock offs for the past 6-7 months - but no more.

twin8885

Reaction score
I got the Red Moon card wallet from CR and it is awesome, it is the same size as a normal wallet just made with the great RM leather. It took some time to get used to and break in a little, but it was worth it. and it was only like 130 which is pretty good for RM pricing.

blacbird

Reaction score
hey minya, I PM'd you.

BTW, xcoldricex, I'm loving the SD's and Eternal 811's! I'm glad I didn't miss the bus on your last days in Japan.

*goes back to lurking*

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
little late on the game eh? i provided red moons and knock offs for the past 6-7 months - but no more.
Yeah, it's not easy keepin' up on all this stuff!

Ott

Reaction score
I wish red moon made a slightly thinner model for tighter jeans
frown.gif

I love the material/construction/aesthetic but they aren't very functional. I don't like paying all that money on expensive jeans only to have one, bulging ass cheek at all times.

Plus on the knockoffs, there wasn't many slots for your cards.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Oh noes. Are you selling my wallet? And yes, they're beautiful, huge wallets and I'm actually thinking of purchasing another one after selling mine to ddml on a whim.
crazy.gif

HAHAHAHA! No, I'm not selling. Just saying that I'm still paying for it... True, the wallet has gotten smaller with the effort of sitting. The color has changed quite a bit. Still, I struggle to take the wallet out of the backpocket of RRDS--------but no problem with canes. Strange.

tangerine

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA!

No, I'm not selling. Just saying that I'm still paying for it...

True, the wallet has gotten smaller with the effort of sitting. The color has changed quite a bit. Still, I struggle to take the wallet out of the backpocket of RRDS--------but no problem with canes. Strange.

The back pockets on Hawaiis are huge!

Reaction score
I know you must be right, but in my mind's scaled eye the Nudie pockets are long and trapezoidal and the Hawaiis are perfectly proportioned...

I will post pics of my RM HRO1A, four months along, no wash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads