• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about Red Moon wallets

watchman

Reaction score
leather goods connection is awesome. I have the ponderosa wallet, and am really happy with it. Thanks to all the superfuture people who ordered all at once, he now offers by name a red moon alternative in the wallets with Unfinished Shrunken Grain on the outside and the buffalo skin i think on the inside. All in all, it's a great wallet, and i really couldn't be happier with quality, look, or construction.
bonus- the button is a buffalo head nickel, and the wallet loop button is a half dollar

truestorytravis

Reaction score
Edit (forgot the quote):
Originally Posted by ang_kangkong
Truestorytravis, what kind is your wallet? I wouldn't mind getting a knockoff myself, with that grommet.
My wallet is a Red Moon knock-off purchased through xcoldricex while he was in Japan. No longer available afaik. Take a look at the above mentioned Leather Goods Connection; the Ponderosa wallet is similar in style, costs less than what I paid for mine and will cost far less than a Red Moon.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
the color change is like watching the sun set over a bovine sea of flesh
This is a good thing?

Reaction score
More of a sunrise guy, huh? Here's an update at 5 months, just for giggles:

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks really good, wish mine wasn't so indigo stained, how did you avoid that?

deedotceedot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by watchman
leather goods connection is awesome. I have the ponderosa wallet, and am really happy with it. Thanks to all the superfuture people who ordered all at once, he now offers by name a red moon alternative in the wallets with Unfinished Shrunken Grain on the outside and the buffalo skin i think on the inside. All in all, it's a great wallet, and i really couldn't be happier with quality, look, or construction.
bonus- the button is a buffalo head nickel, and the wallet loop button is a half dollar

Do you think you could post a picture of you wearing it (or at least what type of outfit you wear it with)? I realize that there is a picture on the LGC website, but it's a bit blurry and too close up. I was hoping to see how it looks in relation to the entire body (both the size of the wallet and length of the braid).

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
looks really good, wish mine wasn't so indigo stained, how did you avoid that?
My Hawaii back pockets are lined where the button-face of the wallet would hit it. The back of the wallet (where it comes in direct contact with the jeans) is only slightly indigo-discolored, though. Before I applied leather protectant, I wiped it down with a damp sock with a tiny bit of DR BRONNERS--------it took off quite a bit of indigo. So... I don't know. I don't sweat much...
bored.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that explains it, i've been wearing my SDA103's and they're dirty as ****. should start wearing my okinawa's

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i need a nice wallet......

oh... dr bronners is great for washing anything... supposedly is good for birth control too, but "DILUTE! DILUTE!" DONT WANT IT FULL STRENGTH NEAR ANY ORIFACES! cant stress that enough

ok... enough of the derail. as you were.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Watchman, did you get the shrunken leather exterior? How does that look? It looks too textured from the pic, which is why I'm hesitant to get it. Also, where's that Ponderosa with a non-nubuck interior? Is there a special place on the site that I haven't looked?

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still can not believe the difference between RM and the one I got. I have no sign of that awsome carmel colour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads