Tell me about Red Moon wallets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Goblin, Jul 31, 2006.

1. watchman

watchman Active Member

leather goods connection is awesome. I have the ponderosa wallet, and am really happy with it. Thanks to all the superfuture people who ordered all at once, he now offers by name a red moon alternative in the wallets with Unfinished Shrunken Grain on the outside and the buffalo skin i think on the inside. All in all, it's a great wallet, and i really couldn't be happier with quality, look, or construction.
    bonus- the button is a buffalo head nickel, and the wallet loop button is a half dollar

2. truestorytravis

truestorytravis Senior member

Edit (forgot the quote):
    Truestorytravis, what kind is your wallet? I wouldn't mind getting a knockoff myself, with that grommet.
    My wallet is a Red Moon knock-off purchased through xcoldricex while he was in Japan. No longer available afaik. Take a look at the above mentioned Leather Goods Connection; the Ponderosa wallet is similar in style, costs less than what I paid for mine and will cost far less than a Red Moon.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

the color change is like watching the sun set over a bovine sea of flesh
    This is a good thing?

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

More of a sunrise guy, huh? Here's an update at 5 months, just for giggles: [​IMG]

5. greentea

greentea Well-Known Member

6. denimdestroyedmylife

They get really brown, huh, greentea? [​IMG]

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

looks really good, wish mine wasn't so indigo stained, how did you avoid that?

8. deedotceedot

deedotceedot Member

leather goods connection is awesome. I have the ponderosa wallet, and am really happy with it. Thanks to all the superfuture people who ordered all at once, he now offers by name a red moon alternative in the wallets with Unfinished Shrunken Grain on the outside and the buffalo skin i think on the inside. All in all, it's a great wallet, and i really couldn't be happier with quality, look, or construction.
    bonus- the button is a buffalo head nickel, and the wallet loop button is a half dollar

Do you think you could post a picture of you wearing it (or at least what type of outfit you wear it with)? I realize that there is a picture on the LGC website, but it's a bit blurry and too close up. I was hoping to see how it looks in relation to the entire body (both the size of the wallet and length of the braid).

9. denimdestroyedmylife

looks really good, wish mine wasn't so indigo stained, how did you avoid that?
    My Hawaii back pockets are lined where the button-face of the wallet would hit it. The back of the wallet (where it comes in direct contact with the jeans) is only slightly indigo-discolored, though. Before I applied leather protectant, I wiped it down with a damp sock with a tiny bit of DR BRONNERS--------it took off quite a bit of indigo. So... I don't know. I don't sweat much... [​IMG]

10. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

that explains it, i've been wearing my SDA103's and they're dirty as fuck. should start wearing my okinawa's

11. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

Dr. Bronners works great. I just cleaned my indigo-stained wallet to almost-new status with a quick rub down using a t-shirt.

12. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

i need a nice wallet......

oh... dr bronners is great for washing anything... supposedly is good for birth control too, but "DILUTE! DILUTE!" DONT WANT IT FULL STRENGTH NEAR ANY ORIFACES! cant stress that enough

ok... enough of the derail. as you were.

13. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

Watchman, did you get the shrunken leather exterior? How does that look? It looks too textured from the pic, which is why I'm hesitant to get it. Also, where's that Ponderosa with a non-nubuck interior? Is there a special place on the site that I haven't looked?

14. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

I still can not believe the difference between RM and the one I got. I have no sign of that awsome carmel colour.

15. Ott

Ott Senior member