• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about Paris Custom Shirts

bryce330

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent experience with Paris Custom Shirts in NYC?

I have seen some generally high praise in the archives but very little in the way of specifics. I would appreciate any information on price, minimum order requirements, and delivery time as well as any reviews of the quality of the shirts.

I am aware of the article on the Film Noir Buff site but it primarily talks about the fabric choices.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FNB,

I thought you wrote in a post that the Paris Shirt folks had banned you from ordering more shirts. Something about helping you to cure an addiction after 200 or so. Tough love?

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charley
FNB,

I thought you wrote in a post that the Paris Shirt folks had banned you from ordering more shirts. Something about helping you to cure an addiction after 200 or so. Tough love?

tongue.gif

It's still in the article that I got temporarily cut off. Banned is a bit extreme. I dont even know how many shirts I have from Paris, I stumbled across a box of four shirts I didnt even know I had.

Im still addicted to their incredible beauty. I might as well face it, Im addicted to Paris. I only wish i could relive being a Paris Shirt virgin again to recapture that first timer's thrill they gave me. Sigh, as with other things, innocence lost, paradise found.

raley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film_Noir_Buff
tongue.gif

It's still in the article that I got temporarily cut off. Banned is a bit extreme. I dont even know how many shirts I have from Paris, I stumbled across a box of four shirts I didnt even know I had.

Im still addicted to their incredible beauty. I might as well face it, Im addicted to Paris. I only wish i could relive being a Paris Shirt virgin again to recapture that first timer's thrill they gave me. Sigh, as with other things, innocence lost, paradise found.

When did you start buying them? All I have to say is that you are a baller - to spend 100$k on shirts you have to be living pretty large.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
When did you start buying them? All I have to say is that you are a baller - to spend 100$k on shirts you have to be living pretty large.

1999. I have no idea how much Ive spent, ive never added it up.
blush.gif

bear in mind though there has been quite a bit of inflation in the fabric industry itself the last few years and that the exchange rate was much better a few years ago for the dollar. I have not paid todays prices for many of my shirts. Sometimes it pays to be a gourmand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads