• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tell me about Paris Custom Shirts

bryce330

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
805
Reaction score
1
Does anyone have any recent experience with Paris Custom Shirts in NYC?

I have seen some generally high praise in the archives but very little in the way of specifics. I would appreciate any information on price, minimum order requirements, and delivery time as well as any reviews of the quality of the shirts.

I am aware of the article on the Film Noir Buff site but it primarily talks about the fabric choices.
 

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
393
I have know Mark and Ata for over 20 years. They make an excelent shirt.

That is all I can help you with.

Carl
 

Charley

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Messages
2,612
Reaction score
6
FNB,

I thought you wrote in a post that the Paris Shirt folks had banned you from ordering more shirts. Something about helping you to cure an addiction after 200 or so. Tough love?
 

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
6,134
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by Charley
FNB,

I thought you wrote in a post that the Paris Shirt folks had banned you from ordering more shirts. Something about helping you to cure an addiction after 200 or so. Tough love?



It's still in the article that I got temporarily cut off. Banned is a bit extreme. I dont even know how many shirts I have from Paris, I stumbled across a box of four shirts I didnt even know I had.

Im still addicted to their incredible beauty. I might as well face it, Im addicted to Paris. I only wish i could relive being a Paris Shirt virgin again to recapture that first timer's thrill they gave me. Sigh, as with other things, innocence lost, paradise found.
 

raley

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2004
Messages
781
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Film_Noir_Buff

It's still in the article that I got temporarily cut off. Banned is a bit extreme. I dont even know how many shirts I have from Paris, I stumbled across a box of four shirts I didnt even know I had.

Im still addicted to their incredible beauty. I might as well face it, Im addicted to Paris. I only wish i could relive being a Paris Shirt virgin again to recapture that first timer's thrill they gave me. Sigh, as with other things, innocence lost, paradise found.


When did you start buying them? All I have to say is that you are a baller - to spend 100$k on shirts you have to be living pretty large.
 

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
6,134
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by raley
When did you start buying them? All I have to say is that you are a baller - to spend 100$k on shirts you have to be living pretty large.


1999. I have no idea how much Ive spent, ive never added it up.

bear in mind though there has been quite a bit of inflation in the fabric industry itself the last few years and that the exchange rate was much better a few years ago for the dollar. I have not paid todays prices for many of my shirts. Sometimes it pays to be a gourmand.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 8 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 54 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,256
Messages
9,231,411
Members
193,777
Latest member
TimoLassiter
Top