• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about Denver & Colorado

ms244

Reaction score
After the doom and gloom of my "why am I still unemployed thread" I've managed to secure employment (for money even!)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

As part of this deal I am now I the greater Denver area, currently sitting in a hotel looking for housing.

Any recommendations or advice as to what to do, where to meet people bars etc?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe Neal Casady was raised on skid row in Denver. It's the 'Chicago' of the Rockies. As you know, Colorado is a beautiful state. Good trout fishing (pm Kai, I think), skiing, hiking and Mexican food. Sartorially speaking, you've got Rockmount Ranch Wear: http://www.rockmount.com/

You can wear your cowboy hat without fear of ridicule! One of Hank Williams, Jr.'s better songs: 'OD'd in Denver'.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's farther than one would want to commute on a daily basis (I don't quite remember the distance), but based on a couple of visits Boulder is a great town, and well worth checking out. Pleasant college town with the amenities that come with that, not crazy crowded, and within minutes you can be up in the mountains.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
dont they have snow that is so dry it doesnt stick to itself (no snowballs)?

jefe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
dont they have snow that is so dry it doesnt stick to itself (no snowballs)?

Yes, that's the case until March or so when it warms up and the snow gets a bit sloppier. I live in Denver (Southeast) and work downtown. Feel free to PM me. This is not a particularly stylish place, though there are some decent shops. Denver is very relaxed, typically very sunny and relative to many places, an affordable place to live.

dave

Reaction score
i haven't lived in Denver since 92 when I graduated but I would move back in a heartbeat if that tells you anything. I can't help much in the way of where to go to meet people but I CAN say that people there were not particularly friendly and immediately took a dislike to me once they found out I was from Texas.

If you're a meat eater, there is (or at least was) a wealth of places to get THE BEST game in the country.
There is a place called The Fort in Morisson I believe, that served me one of the best meals i've had to date.

The Denver Buffalo company was really good as well. outstanding buffalo prime rib.

And there is always the Buckhorn Exchange. quite famous but the food never suffered for it.

And aside from the people it was my favorite place to live.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited for the first time in a long time last year.
Alot of construction near downtown!
Good museums.
Alot going on.
seemed to be very user pedestrian / resident friendly near downtown.
didn't see the bad part of town, but sure its there somewhere.

jefe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
didn't see the bad part of town, but sure its there somewhere.
Denver is pretty quiet and safe. Any "bad" part of town are easily avoided. Something locals would consider sketchy wouldn't hold a candle to the rough parts of LA/Chicago/Baltimore/Detroit/NYC/etc. Of note, there are a lot of hillbilly meth types northeast of town.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was very interested in moving there about 3 years ago, but it didn't work out. I wouldn't call it affordable, unless you're comparing to NYC/LA etc. Boulder and the nice surrounding suburbs of Denver are expensive.

It has a ton of perks on paper, too bad I haven't seen it in person yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads