• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about Ande Whall

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Argh, so right when I get the idea in mind to buy a pair of jeans from Ande Whall, Superfuture goes down and I have no idea where to find info about his stuff anywhere else.
I'm interested in getting a pair of Grifters, which I've heard are the slim, straight-leg dry jean. I'm interested in hearing anything you know about them: What's the rise and fit in the seat? What's the denim like? How should I size them? What are the options for customization? If anyone has any pictures, that would be awesome.
For that matter, does anyone have any contact info? Google yields nothing and superfuture is down for an undetermined period...

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

viking_mike

Reaction score
from the many pix i have seen they seem to fit like the nudie slim jim...the quality looks great from the step by step he did. go for the ltd ed checkmate grifters...they look awesome!

Reaction score
Ande does not do button fly, zippers only.

viking_mike

Reaction score
those red rakers w/ the red zebra striped pocket bags are the ****

Kewan

Reaction score
If you have a lot of questions, I'd just go ahead and e-mail him. Thats what I did for my Rodeo's (which I should finally get to try out tomorrow) and he was nothing but helpful and patient with all my questions about fit, sizing, and such. Even threw a free back label on my $100 basic non-customized raw indigos.

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kewan
If you have a lot of questions, I'd just go ahead and e-mail him. Thats what I did for my Rodeo's (which I should finally get to try out tomorrow) and he was nothing but helpful and patient with all my questions about fit, sizing, and such. Even threw a free back label on my $100 basic non-customized raw indigos.
I definitely will email him, I've heard nothing but good things, but I'd prefer not to hassle him for basic info if it's available somewhere (other than superfuture, argh). If you have a digital camera, would you mind posting pics when you get to try them on? I'm eager to see what the different cuts look like. Edit: thanks for your replies everyone

Kewan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PunctualAlex
I definitely will email him, I've heard nothing but good things, but I'd prefer not to hassle him for basic info if it's available somewhere (other than superfuture, argh). If you have a digital camera, would you mind posting pics when you get to try them on? I'm eager to see what the different cuts look like.

Edit: thanks for your replies everyone

He has a fit chart and pictures of the different cuts on superfuture, I believe, and he also sent them to me via e-mail so you could just ask for them that way. I'll try to to get some pics up when I have time, but I have to straighten out my computer back home first as I'm reinstalling my operating system and having some trouble with the drivers. You're problem looking at a couple weeks for the pictures, but I'll see what I can do. I'd just shoot him an e-mail, he's very nice and helpful and I'm sure he'd have no problem answering even basic questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads