• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tee's

mmhollis

Reaction score
What's up with tee shirt art? I don't understand the profusion of tee shirts with usually ugly artwork on it. Call me old fashion but a t-shirt should be simple or maybe have a few words on it. Perhaps a symbol but not complex artwork and it damn sure shouldn't set you back more than $50--and that's being generous.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis
What's up with tee shirt art? I don't understand the profusion of tee shirts with usually ugly artwork on it. Call me old fashion but a t-shirt should be simple or maybe have a few words on it. Perhaps a symbol but not complex artwork and it damn sure shouldn't set you back more than $50--and that's being generous.

OK.

Seriously though, some graphic tshirts are interesting without being gaudy. You just have to find the right ones. Corpus, drkshdw, raf simons, and others do pretty decent graphic tees. Plus some superfuture members make their own tshirts with a photo or something on it that are nice.

I think the worst tshirt trend was the "black shirt with funny/ironic white type". Awful.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
T's with graphics on them can be interesting, but you have to be exceptionally careful about wearing them if you're old/look old. You know what I mean by that.

mmhollis

Reaction score
Maybe that's my major complaint. Seeing 50 years olds in t-shirts that look young for me even.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of the more interesting graphic tees I've seen for this summer...
_DSC0183_full.jpg

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Is that *****?
laugh.gif
I'm not sure. Here is a close-up. Decide for yourself...
_DSC0198_full.jpg

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think the worst tshirt trend was the "black shirt with funny/ironic white type". Awful.

I disagree. Not that the "funny/ironic" type wasn't annoying at times, but the shirt that started the trend (the 2K Beatles/Ramones tees) was actually pretty clever. It makes a statement - Do the constituent parts equal the whole? But as usual, the bandwagon was jumped and ruined.

I also liked the "Cause me pain, Hedi Slimane" one. But I can why other people hated it.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
When did that tshirt come out? I had seen those stupid hot topic tees all over middle and high school when i was younger. I think the most annoying as a camo tee with pink writing that said "haha. you can't see me now" worn by the most irritating person alive.

There are a few 2kgingham shirts i've seen on people and on a few websites (not in my size) that i really wanted. It's hard to find the non-lame designs though.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2kjohnpaultshirtexperimqq4.jpg

Came out in 2001. By Experimental Jetset for 2kGingham. Alot of their designs are fairly un-lame.

Dave Walker

Reaction score
Graphic tees can be gaudy, but generally they are pieces of actual art and many of the better ones end up being iconic pieces like OneTrueSaxon and Swifty...

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Is that *****?

Looks like blow not *****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads