• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Teenage Dream

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Katy Perry has reached "Pop Goddess" status with this one. So catchy.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This song is shit. California Girls is way catchier.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick

Yeah, I wish they all could be California Girls.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
At least post the actual video, jabroni.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

tagutcow

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
so hawt. She has great eyes (and tits)
I'm starting to get irked by her deficiencies as a lyricist. Namely, the awkward scansion in the line "We drove to Cali and got drunk on the beach" in "Teenage Dream", and the way she breaks the word "us" into two syllables in California Gurls. As the old saying goes, great scansion and great tits is a rare combination.

tagutcow

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick

Once I pulled into a parking space while "California Gurls" was playing on the radio, and looked out my window at the large black man sitting in the car parked next to me. We made brief eye contact, and I was filled with a sudden sense of shame.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Once I pulled into a parking space while "California Gurls" was playing on the radio, and looked out my window at the large black man sitting in the car parked next to me. We made brief eye contact, and I was filled with a sudden sense of shame.
I've had that happen with a Lady GaGa scene. The dude was some uber-manly redneck in a truck.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
The lyrics of that song are so contrived they go through the self-parody circle twice and aren't funny, whimsical or ironic. They're just painful. That said, the video has some super hot parts

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty decent light pop song, reminiscent of late 1970s female artists who had to ensure the song was danceable in addition to "rocking". I do give her credit for not soaking her vocals in that absolutely horrible Autotune hell. She's hot, lots done to her to get her there.

Tigris

Reaction score
She's a talentless hick. The only reason she's famous is because she's "good looking."

Tigris

Reaction score
Hick as in a derogatory way, not a literal hillbilly way.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow

Yeah, it sucks how awesome it feels to pump up a bubble-gum pop song in the car with the windows down cruising down the street.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.