• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teen combatting frizzy hair

neopet_star

Reaction score
I have no sense of style and I am trying to improve. Right now, I have pretty thick, wavy curly puffy dry hair. Basically everything mashed together. I would probably have a jew-fro if I grew out my hair a little more.

Check out the pictures and please give advice on what hair style to go with. I was wondering if I could cut it shorter with my face shape. I have read up, but have a hard time applying this knowledge to myself.

Thanks!

snapshot20110215.jpg

snapshot201102151o.jpg

snapshot201102152.jpg

snapshot201102153.jpg

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you people make it through the day with your bad posture and weird hair.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just be glad you got hair.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP is Zuckerberg.

Can I borrow a million, bro?

neopet_star

Reaction score
thanks, my parents were no help and argued with me about whether "jew-fro" was the proper term.

I am taking the advice, although I am wondering how people with long, narrow heads look because I think my forehead is bigger than most

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get a Brazilian Keratin treatment to straighten/defrizz it (no chemicals, except for keratin), but it'll be $ and maintenance. It will eliminate the frizzy fro though, bro. You know? Fo Sho. Living Proof makes the best anti-frizz products. This stuff is good. Available at Sephora. Get rid of the frizz and you'll look a lot better. It won't be as good as the keratin treatment above, but it'll help tame that mane, Dwayne. http://www.livingproof.com/no-frizz/

x26

Reaction score
Soooo Tough being a Hebrew: At least you'll still be Rich...
sarcasm.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Try being an athiest?

neopet_star

Reaction score
I've already tried giving up my religion, but it didn't cure my hair problem and I ended up passed out in a church pew.

How short should I cut my hair? I have never told my haircutter anything besides "trim it a little." He's albanian and doesn't know many hairstyles, but if I can custom order a cut he would probably be able to do it.

Thanks!

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by neopet_star
I am taking the advice, although I am wondering how people with long, narrow heads look because I think my forehead is bigger than most

It's not bigger than most. Besides, will you really worry about this when you have hair like that? Prioritize.

Print out pics of Jaquin Phenoix from his Gladiator days and take them in.

892cap012.jpg

jphoenix.jpg

joaquin.jpg

East2West

Reaction score
Check out pictures of Seth Rogan. He went from jew fro (his words not mine) to a buzz cut recently.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cut your hair short. #2 gaurd all around. Change it up when you can afford a hair cut and some product.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads