• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ted Baker suits?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw one of these in a store marked down to $180. I think original retail was about $800. It is one of their regular line suits, not the "Endurance." Also, kinda interesting feature, only one button on each cuff (intended that way, as there is one false button hole on each cuff as well). So, a good deal? It was a very dark navy with a broken stripe that, from a distance looks almost a bit jagged (but different parts of each stripe are offset from the rest, so it's an illusion). Also, I doubt much if any work would be needed on the jacket, besides shortening the sleeves.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that, if you like the Ted Baker stuff, you'd be hard pressed to find dusty rags at a better price. I don't have any experience with the non-endurance stuff.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you like it and it fits then it's an okay price. Ted Baker are a bit fashion forward and are not synonymous with 'high' quality but probably won't fall apart on you. I used to love the shirts (some 15 years ago) but they're pretty poor now in comparison.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Ted Baker suits have a nice fit. For $180 I think it's a great buy. The "Endurance" line I would stay away from.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Ted Baker suits have a nice fit. For $180 I think it's a great buy. The "Endurance" line I would stay away from.

I should have known you'd feel that way
wink.gif
. I've always thought of TB stuff as Paul Smith on a budget. I think I'm going to go back today and pick up the suit.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went back to try it again and passed. Though the fit was great, the fabric and detailing were just not very special. And the kicker was that the security device had been stuck right through the back of the jacket, and would likely have left a mark or hole. And I wasn't going to wait on a 20min line just to see. So I didn't buy it, and will just save my money till I find something better.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
And the kicker was that the security device had been stuck right through the back of the jacket.

wow.gif

good idea on the pass.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not a final word by any means but I have an 'Edward Baker' suit that I like - slim cut. Seems reasonably well made and should remain in the rotation for social events etc without falling apart on me.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Agreed on the Paul Smith comment, also add some Etro into that.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The role of the fashion designer suit market is to lure the young into the suit market.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1> Is there anything wrong with "Paul Smith on a budget"? Lots of people like Paul Smith and can't afford it (like me a few years ago).

2> My experience, although I would not buy a TB suit, has been that the Global line has higher quality and their suits/jackets looked much better made than the other stuff. I have some TB Global boots that I absolutely love.

69monaro

Reaction score
Prior to AAAC and SF, my first suit I purchased after college was a Ted Baker 3B that is labelled made for Nordstrom. It is not from the Endurance line and if memory serves me correct it is made in the U.S. It has withstood the test of time rather well so far. It is certainly not a high-end suit but it seems to be on par with some of the Hugo Boss, Victor, Abboud, etc that are out there.

dmoney90

Reaction score
Just bought a Ted Baker "Judd" sport coat, part of the Endurance line. Can't tell if it's fused or half. Bought from Nordstrom on sale for $300 (down from 500). Is this a good buy or should I return it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads