• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Technical problems browsing styleforum

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno if this is just me or its a common thing. Lately whenever I browse styleforum, it seems to time out every 5-10 minutes. I'll try to open a bunch of threads in tabbed browsing on firefox, but it just gets stuck after awhile. This never happens with any other website which drives me nuts. I basically shut down my browser and try to log back in.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too. No solution yet.

tagutcow

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The system is choking on steez.

Reaction score
yeah, just as an FYI Steve just started a thread on this over in Squirrel, so Management Is Aware of the problem.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at least its not just me. I tried closing my browser, using IE instead of firefox, rebooting my computer, turning off my anti virus and firewall, all to no avail. I also tried to use my computer downstairs, no go

Almost everytime I click on something (try to log in, reply, view a thread) it gets stuck "waiting for www.styleforum.net"

Again no other website is doing this. (I had close and reopen my browser 5 times and reboot once just to post this darn message!)

FWIW, in the last 2 minutes the system has been acting right

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the same problem. It will be normal, then have a period of slow or no reponsse, and then back to normal.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The interesting thing that I have been experiencing is that everytime I request the main page of the Social Life, Food, and Drink forum it knocks my router off the Web. The cable modem still works, but something gets kerblewified in the DNS addressing from the router. This is only occurring here, and only on that page. Really weird.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
simple problem really. too many visitors.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just made a couple tweaks and we'll see if they help at all.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 28.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%