Technical Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, May 23, 2012.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

any easy way to tell if the 3 in 1 acg is a fake? don't think i'm into the prada jacket

3. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

This silhouette is cool as fuck - too bad it hardly gets cold enough in sf

h598a269dcbc6f.jpg

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

ehhh not looking for a puffer atm, thank you though...

currently the 3 I'm considering are in spoiler... adidas day 1, nike 3 in1 (prob the first in line) and a veliance

017_a3243a7e-9758-477b-a5b3-8873e442a458.JPG Arcteryx-Veilance-Mionn-IS-Jacket-BLACK-7_2048x2048.jpg s-l1600.jpg

5. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Sorry- this wasn't in response to your search, just wanted to post

6. Junglejack

Junglejack Well-Known Member

I just ordered what must be my 12th Arc'teryx. This time, I ordered the redesigned Alpha SV. While hard not to feel like a poseur having a jacket designed for the most extreme conditions, but as I do live an hour from the Great Smokey Mountains and often go camping, I only feel like a quasi poseur.

I will grant you $750 is a bit crazy for a nylon jacket, but at least it is one of the only if not the only Arc jacket still made in Canada.

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

SI isn't my thing but that gradient garment dye is cool. How did they do that dye effect?

GET THE VEILANCE. Though I don't know if the Mionn is enough for winter. If price utility is a priority I'd recommend looking into mainline arc. The Camosun, Therme and Koda are all great options.

N100P-X gore for camping huh? If you're this deep into arcteryx it makes sense to own the Alpha SV. It really speaks to the heritage of the brand. I hope you didn't get the black one to look like Drake.

8. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Anyone know anything about lux skiwear? Frauenschuh for example? I know we are out of season but some look sharp.

Or maybe Mountain Force?

Or, is Veilance flexible enough to actually work for ski.

9. Junglejack

\

N100P-X gore for camping huh? If you're this deep into arcteryx it makes sense to own the Alpha SV. It really speaks to the heritage of the brand. I hope you didn't get the black one to look like Drake.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a Bora 70 Backpack circa 1994 and that pack changed my life. From there... I actually also have a Canadian made Alpha LT that is sadly too snug when layering which pretty much makes it useless aside from running around time.

I got the Odysseus which is a dark green. I occasionally have done rock climbing (excessively poorly), but generally go for those types of extended length backpacking trips where I have to talk myself into going along with it.

My youngest brother lives in Marin County so I have a good start off point relatively close to a number of amazing places to go. I also like that the SV with the exception of the Veilance are all that remains of Canadian made Arc'teryx apparel.

10. Junglejack

N100P-X gore for camping huh? If you're this deep into arcteryx it makes sense to own the Alpha SV. It really speaks to the heritage of the brand. I hope you didn't get the black one to look like Drake.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a Bora 70 Backpack circa 1994 and that pack changed my life. From there... I actually also have a Canadian made Alpha LT that is sadly too snug when layering which pretty much makes it useless aside from running around time.

I got the Odysseus which is a dark green. I occasionally have done rock climbing (excessively poorly), but generally go for those types of extended length backpacking trips where I have to talk myself into going along with it.

My youngest brother lives in Marin County so I have a good start off point relatively close to a number of amazing places to go. I also like that the SV with the exception of the Veilance are all that remains of Canadian made Arc'teryx apparel.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Can you guys link some of these or show pics plz

12. leeba

leeba Senior member

13. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Mountain Force design look superfluous and quality in fabric choice and stitching isn't too impressive. I see it as a high end Spyder.

I defiantly wouldn't wear Veilance skiing
    Those wide leg trousers are tempting

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member