1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Technical Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, May 23, 2012.

1. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Damn you are the envy of everyone in this thread.

2. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

wow this just opened my eyes to a new door in fashunz

might check them out during winter for some future steez

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  3. skintight

skintight Senior member

do want. where 2 kop? i didn't see it on their online store.

1 person likes this.
  4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Check out the SUFU thread if you want actual places to pickup gear

Shadow Project looks gimmicky in a bad way. Just give me a high tech material with a nice cut and it's all good.
    Hidden pockets here and there I can do without. I wonder if the jacket w/ the 11 pockets when full utilize hides the bulkiness well

5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I think most of the stuff looks pretty normal.

Some of the stuff seems pretty useful. People tend to carry lots of small items around these days and backpacks are generally terrible looking, and little handbags are just annoying to carry.

Being in the military, it's really satisfying to have everything you need on you - water, food, (ammo, med supplies, navigation). Obviously that's an extreme example, but just walking around the city sometimes I's lugging around a bag with sunglasses, gloves, hat, wallet, keys phone, and then I go outside gotta put all that stuff back on and it's just so fussy.

The best thing about these cutters is that they manage to make the bulkiness kinda architectural. This stuff should not be tight, but still looks flattering when worn loose.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Stealth coat is real nice though have to say.

I want to pick something up but not sure where to start. Next to footwear, I've discovered outerwear to my next favorite (tops in general following shoes)

I much prefer the CP Company aesthetic/styling but appreciate the technicality behind SI

Not sure if there is much else to look at as I feel Isaora and other lower tier labels cannot compare aside from 1 or 2 piece from the collections

In any case, Isaora > Maharishi :uhoh:

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. sipang

sipang Senior member

Needs more Acronym
    BONUS ​

8. jet

jet Senior member

I'll take everything.

9. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

So this Errolson dude has designed for ACR, SI:SP and Herno Laminar? Quite an incestuous bunch, this lot.

10. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

also the vehicular escape function. Looks damn useful. Hate having to take off a jacket with seatbelt on.

11. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Don't this has been posted yet. Here's an interview with the man himself from a while back.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I don't think it's mentioned in the clip, but in another article he's apparently done some stuff with Arcteryx too, and considers them the shit: “Arc’teryx products are the Hermès bags of men’s performance wear,” declared ­Errolson Hugh, the chief designer of ACRONYM, a sporadic Arc’teryx colla­borator and one of the pioneers of the field. “They embody a fanatic level of ­perfection. No other brand in the world even ­comes close to their quality.”

12. sipang

sipang Senior member

I think that quote is from the 032c feature on Arc'Teryx, it's a pretty good read, I'll try to post it later

13. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

You are correct sir (I found this thing but didn't even notice the source). Link: http://032c.com/2011/archetype/

14. crackerjack

crackerjack Senior member

^ I can vouch for outlier pants, have 3 pairs and they're great.
    Using the three way shorts as swimming pants (going to the beach, that stuff) and it's just perfect since it dries really fast- nice if you want to sit on your towel or in the car when you just had a swim. That's some 1st world functionality for you.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  15. sipang

sipang Senior member

Well, when you have a niche industry like this one, the same couple of names are bound to pop up again and again and again, especially when they have been instrumental in the development of said industry.

For the lazies

16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

just such an impressive guy. Nice to see him wear the stuff and be so enthusiastic about it.

17. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yeah, i always thought he was a very serious person from the video campaigns. nice to see him in a different light.

18. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Slightly OT, but still in the technical theme. I posted about this in another thread, but Bagjack makes some great looking messengers. Check out the features of the Next Level Messenger. It's no wonder Errolson Hugh chose to partner with them to produce some of Acr's bags. I was hot on this Bagjack but wound up getting an Acr 5TS.

Btw, there are some good dealers for Acr in N. America like Haven, but I ordered through Hanon. They're good to deal with too, and the stuff came in a fair bit cheaper than domestic sources.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

19. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i wouldnt know how to put it back together after i took it all apart :eek:
    so do they make bags for acr or was it just a 1 time collaboration? a lot of similarities..

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  20. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I like the functionality but I just think it's an ugly bag.

Even the ACR messenger things seem pretty bad looking to me. I can't get past the long strap over the shoulder thing. Only seems to look good on satchels.