• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Technical Outerwear

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cp company

I really, really like CP company stuff. I wish it wasn't so expensive - but I guess like every brand they'll cash in on the hype. Actually when you consider them fashiony garments the pricing isn't too bad.

Have an Ma.strum jacket on the way so i'll be able to add some sizing details and a bit of a review.

Mountain Hardware makes some really nice stuff, it's not really 'fashion-y' but frankly my goretex coat looks cool as ****.  It's also really affordable.

Also don't nonnative, visvim, WM, etc fall in here?

yup got those three. I'll add mountain hardwear. Cheers

How about RLBL? Or is that technical in name only?

zGrf9.jpg

l8bXn.jpg

Dghqs.jpg

yDB3e.jpg

OCjl3.jpg

yJyWB.jpg

F8QnP.jpg

Throw it in, it feels kinda different but i can't articulate why.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Good thread. Before I found this place I was and am sort of still was into technical/tacticool stuff that isn't stylish, just fun and rugged stuff to play and get dirty in. A lot of the technical and practical aspects with these textiles are really interesting. Hearing people involved discuss the stuff is very "Zero History"-esque.

For those of you guys interested in technical basics, Outlier seems to really like the Schoeller fabrics, and often uses other things like merino.

Last edited:

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up some woolrich stuff. Was surprised to find some pretty functional clothing that still looks normal enough to wear out on the town.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
End has a bunch, I like the maroon.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How about RLBL? Or is that technical in name only?
RLX is more tech than RLBL. Moncler Grenoble is along the same lines. Rag & Bone has some legitimate tech in their nicer outerwear (Schoeller C-Change, for example)

And JC de Castalbajac pour Rossignol

surrender

Reaction score
Not sure I get the hype over Stone Island stuff, a lot of it has the logo plastered in conspicuous areas. The Outlier OG pants look tremendous, though - I'm not a biker, but the breathable fabric looks like it could help out in Southern summers.

951socal

Reaction score
barbour, belstaff, dainese?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure I get the hype over Stone Island stuff, a lot of it has the logo plastered in conspicuous areas..

They've got massive cache and have really cashed in on it.

The other thing that makes it seem a little bit of a ripoff - and true of CP co. too - is that they're not using the Gore or any branded material stuff, it's all their own cotton nylon mixes. These are nice and all, but since I haven't seen much fabric experimentation from them recently, it's hard to justify the price, in materials at least. They used to do all this crazy fabric experimentation but it seems like they're just recycling these rather than pioneering new stuff.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not outerwear but my IceBreaker Atlas/Bodyfit 150gr/m2 is both stupidly comfortable in most weather conditions and fits amazing. 10/10 need to re-kop. If it wasn't expensive ($60ish for basically the ultimate black t-shirt) I could wear it everyday

951socal

Reaction score

I guess you could argue that some CP stuff is pushing it, but I don't wanna go too far into the waxed cotton/more traditional fabrics direction.
But hey, if there's something you like, post it up by all means.

its cool,

how about stuff like moncler, triple aught design, oakley, north face and canada goose?

some of the stuff thats listed inthe OP alof ot the guys who are into "black guns" wear to the range

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads