Technical Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, May 23, 2012.

1. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

[​IMG]
    Veilance, Align Jacket. Chalk F/W 2013 Light & Bombproof
    [​IMG]
    Veilance, Actuator Jacket (mines gray) S/S 2013. Very light & packs into its pocket.......

Have both and have not failed due to water......

2. TrackRunner

TrackRunner Member

Does anyone own an Arcteryx Epsilon SV jacket? I'm thinking about buying one in black

3. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I just wish this jacket was cut a little smaller/slimmer. Perfect for skiing, a little too big for the city.

[​IMG]

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

yeah no kidding i didn't think this would be so hard. the veilance stuff is pretty much leading the way tho

thanks man. was looking at that actuator, can't seem to find in my size tho. might have to go with a stutterheim, they weigh like rocks tho.

5. scamster

scamster Senior member

dotcomzzz - long shot - if you don't the paint splatter pattern and can find one isaora did a white 3l riding shell last a/w.

[​IMG]

and on ebay (not mine) there's a veilance deploy composite in light blue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013

6. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

When is the new Isaora AW collection expected? I'm still waiting to see Isaora and Acronym before making new purchases for the season...

Edit: Mover had a light white goretex shell

[​IMG]

7. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

^ thanks guys, but I mean like white white. It actually doesn't have to be white, a dove gray or something would work also, but something where everything, the zippers, everything, are one color. Anyway we'll see what comes along.

8. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

^ going for the camouflage look on the slopes, eh? I've always liked the lightweight down versions from Patagonia and North Face... not quite as technical with so many features as some of the above models, but comfortable, lightweight and warm if you spend a lot of time in the cold... You can still find some on sale from last season right now online...

9. irgendwas

irgendwas Well-Known Member

I am searching for a cheap jacket to wear casually, especially for cycling and travelling. On my search saw this jacket on YOOX. What do you think about it?

10. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

If by cycling your mean short rides around a mostly flat city center, it's probably fine. It won't be a super breathable jacket.

Columbia is a huge company--or I should say, they make a huge array of products. (I used to work for them here in Portland OR). In the US, they suffer from a reputation as a mall brand, as they sell shit loads of cheep fleece in just about every dept. store known to man. However, they do make some excellent technical garments at their higher end--styling and colours are often terrible though, especially by SF standards.

It's worth noting that the EU and Asia have an entirely separate design team (still based in the US), so the product that's for sale there is 80-90% unique from the US line (there's some crossover, but the fit block for EU is slimmer overall, too).

So, that's a perfectly fine shell/rain jacket w/ simple styling, etc. But there's plenty of other options I would think for similar pricing.

11. superego

superego Senior member

tried on the arc'teryx parsec and a couple of the veilance pieces today, random thoughts:

fit on the veilance was simply weird (and csa confirmed)--WAY narrow in shoulders (even sizing up one, it was a slight challenge getting the jacket on). fit was otherwise pretty boxy.

parsec was nice, but felt oversized--could have simply been not being used to the 3/4 length, but sleeves seemed long as well.

otherwise, I'm unequivocally not discerning enough to drop $1200 on a veilance jacket...def nice, but not $1200 nice.

12. habitant

habitant Senior member

The Veilance field jacket is the epitome of all jackets

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I tried on a NC Cameraman and a Veilance at a shop a while ago and I had the same felling about both.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

what jacket by itself is worth $1200 though?

15. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

what retailers sell some of the stuff mentioned in this thread? (prefer N.A.)