1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Technical Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, May 23, 2012.

1. habitant

habitant Senior member

Hrmm, my brother recommended the solomon gore shoes as well.. I just don't know about wearing rainbows as footwear. I find the diemme boots are nice and supportive.

Will definitely check out 'OutDry' where is it stocked?

2. STK_astoria

STK_astoria Well-Known Member

+1 for Montrail. A pair lasted me over two years in Guatemala and were my go-to choice during my Peace Corps service.

3. DressedDown

DressedDown Member

Hey, I always like to have a baseline for discussion, and somewhere to point newcomers toward. Since that didn't exist for Techwear, I created it. Part 1 of 6, the Basics, just launched today. http://dressed-down....-part-1-the-bas

Let me know what you guys think. I'll be updating and editing if people have good suggestions.

3 people like this.
  4. DressedDown

DressedDown Member

4 people like this.
  5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Those are actually pretty good. I was expecting some awful blogger advertising his tumblr or something. While you're still advertising your blog, it's useful information and is indeed a good starting point.

1 person likes this.
  6. DressedDown

DressedDown Member

5 people like this.
  7. DressedDown

DressedDown Member

2 people like this.
  8. DressedDown

DressedDown Member

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

That's pretty fucking comprehensive.

I would like to edit a link into the OP but I can no longer edit it.

Fok? Another Mod?

Cheers

10. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Giving this thread a bump, ain't nobody wearing tech shit during summer?

Also looking for sisp stealth jacket in s/xs if anybody if willing to unload.

11. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

12. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

This is a new line being started by the Taylor Stitch group...

13. quasky

quasky Senior member

Interviewing Errolson Hugh for Business of Fashion next week - anyone have anything in particular they'd like me to ask him?

2 people like this.
  14. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I seriously don't understand the need for this product in the world, but apparently I'm in the (vast?) minority since they raised $70K in 72 hrs. (literally).

On another note, have you guys checked out the Giro New Road* stuff? Clean designs. I like the Wind Shirt a lot (sold out now) and the shorts are awesome. Fall line drops soon, w/ some more layers and some pants. Sort of like Rapha/Outlier vibe, but with it's own subtle look. Nice that some pieces are made in the US, too.

*Disclaimer: I did some work on this project w/ Giro, but I am not a Giro employee.

1 person likes this.
  15. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

1. What are some places you take inspiration from?
    2. Do you plan on expanding the business to a point where everything is more easily available (cheaper?) or do you prefer it to stay the smaller operation it currently is?
    3. What other designers do you respect and why?

16. quasky

quasky Senior member

interview is up here: http://www.businessoffashion.com/2013/09/acronyms-uncompromising-focus-on-function.html

rjbman, re: your questions, 1 & 3 sort of fell outside the purview of the article and errolson was on a super-tight schedule, so unfortunately i didn't get the ask them. re: 2, you won't see the price of acronym decrease or become more widely available. if anything, i anticipate you'll see it become tougher to get ahold of.

4 people like this.
  17. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

this is useless, unwanted and unimportant like most kickstarters. i find the concept of kickstarter totally morally devoid. let me help finance something that i will have to buy later on. doesn't make sense. isn't this what vc is for?

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

god knows you can't get a decent workout in $5 macgregor shorts and tank tops. will these shorts improve my squat 1 rep max/

19. VCircuit

VCircuit Well-Known Member

Clearly it's not unwanted since people are buying it; I'm not sure how morality enters into buying gym shorts; financing the project buys you the shorts, like most Kickstarters; venture capital is at least as controversial as Kickstarter.

20. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

at least a vc sometimes gets their investment back. and your argument is invalid. people also watch james franco movies and those are unwarranted

1 person likes this.